Rapid Testing in NYC prior to cruise

FrenchPeach1968

Hi. We’re heading to NYC this week for a cruise out of Manhattan on Sunday. Norwegian stipulates that a rapid test needs to be done within 48 hours. I scheduled our tests on Friday in Montreal but now would like to depart for the big apple on Thursday. Do you know where we could get the rapid tests in NYC? I checked online but there’s not much information. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, FrenchPeach1968 said:

Hi. We’re heading to NYC this week for a cruise out of Manhattan on Sunday. Norwegian stipulates that a rapid test needs to be done within 48 hours. I scheduled our tests on Friday in Montreal but now would like to depart for the big apple on Thursday. Do you know where we could get the rapid tests in NYC? I checked online but there’s not much information. Thanks!

Here's a website that NCL recommends for finding test sites:  https://testfortravel.com/

Out of curiosity, I ran a query for an antigen test within 50 miles of NYC, with lots of results:  

https://testfortravel.com/covid-19-testing-locations/?page=1&coordinates=40.71305%2C-74.00723&location=New York%2C NY%2C United States&proximity=50&types_of_tests[]=1565&action=filter_locations

You might want to do a similar search for Plattsburgh, Burlington and Albany. I've no idea about pricing at any of the locations, but it would probably worth you while doing some comparison shopping.

the answer is free testing is EVERYWHERE! Near Times Square on every block - that was the case when I was there in February. Plus, if you fly into LaGuardia and it's within your time frame, there is free testing in the parking garage.

2 hours ago, palushka said:

the answer is free testing is EVERYWHERE! Near Times Square on every block - that was the case when I was there in February. Plus, if you fly into LaGuardia and it's within your time frame, there is free testing in the parking garage.

Just a word of caution. Many of the locations that were providing free antigen tests back in February are no longer doing so. Walgreens, for example, offers no antigen testing within the State of New York currently, free or otherwise. Rapid NAAT and PCR, depending on the location, but not antigen.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 4:56 PM, Fouremco said:

Just a word of caution. Many of the locations that were providing free antigen tests back in February are no longer doing so. Walgreens, for example, offers no antigen testing within the State of New York currently, free or otherwise. Rapid NAAT and PCR, depending on the location, but not antigen.

New York City is rather unique, there are mobile vans that pop up all around the city that offer free antigen and/or PCR tests. No appointments, etc just find one and get tested. I've used them twice on trips there, LabQ ran the ones I used. The local NY Health and Hospitals system also runs a bunch of free testing sites, including one right at Times Square which is frequented by tourists. All in all probably the easiest place in the world to get tested. 

Also I don't think Walgreens ever had rapid antigen in New York State, just NAAT. 

Edited by cmich068