I Want Me a Delicious Margarita. Please help.

BubbaD123

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Does your cruise on the Paradise include Cozumel? If so, catch a cab to the East side for the greatest margaritas on Planet Earth... First stop, Mezcalitos. Ask for a margarita with Don Julio Reposado and Controy,  and you can thank me when you get back... Next stop, Miami Bar for their great and unique take on the margarita, including fresh squeezed lime and grapefruit. Also ask for it to be made with Don Julio Reposado and Controy... While you're there, get a bowl of their homemade seafood soup...

Sounds awfully like a play by play from a few months ago. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Does your cruise on the Paradise include Cozumel? If so, catch a cab to the East side for the greatest margaritas on Planet Earth... First stop, Mezcalitos. Ask for a margarita with Don Julio Reposado and Controy,  and you can thank me when you get back... Next stop, Miami Bar for their great and unique take on the margarita, including fresh squeezed lime and grapefruit. Also ask for it to be made with Don Julio Reposado and Controy... While you're there, get a bowl of their homemade seafood soup...

Thank ye for the recommendations! I may take you up on those!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BubbaD123 said:

Can you insist on fresh lime juice, or do most of the bars onboard not have it?

They have lime wedges at the bars for garnish, not sure if they have enough stocked at the bar to squeeze for a drink though. You can always ask them.

Best of luck on your quest, I feel your pain. 😄

17 hours ago, BubbaD123 said:

Can you insist on fresh lime juice, or do most of the bars onboard not have it?

You get what you pay for.  You're cruising on the Paradise which doesn't have an Alchemy Bar.  Every Alchemy would have it and those ships with Blue Iguana Tequila Bars may have it as well.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 12:24 AM, cruisingguy007 said:

The Blue's Patron Margarita has agave nectar in it, so they have it for sure (or should rather). 

This is usually my first drink of a cruise. Doesn't scream of premade mix. 

I cruise often and when I pay for a drink I want it to be good, the way I like it. I have 3 special drinks that I like and as the bartenders are all from different countries they make them many different ways so I printed up a recipe for each of my favorite drinks and hand one to the bartender when ordering. It never fails to get me my perfect drink. 

Here is the recipe I give them for my favorite after dinner drink:

20220331_211317_0001.thumb.JPG.6ca6e5334eeac36876e76ccdd14e82cd.JPG

• Like 1