Luggage queries

jh1809

Pre-Covid, on getting out of my taxi at the Mayflower terminal I would immediately dump my suitcase on the quayside to be loaded onto the ship. Am I right in assuming that one will now have to keep hold of it until one has tested negative for Covid, as you wouldn't want your luggage to be on board if you were subsequently denied boarding?

Also something I've always wondered, but never found an answer to: do the same restrictions apply to liquid in one's hand luggage as with air travel, i.e. having to be put in a transparent plastic bag and a limit on the volume of individual items?

17 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

Pre-Covid, on getting out of my taxi at the Mayflower terminal I would immediately dump my suitcase on the quayside to be loaded onto the ship. Am I right in assuming that one will now have to keep hold of it until one has tested negative for Covid, as you wouldn't want your luggage to be on board if you were subsequently denied boarding?

Also something I've always wondered, but never found an answer to: do the same restrictions apply to liquid in one's hand luggage as with air travel, i.e. having to be put in a transparent plastic bag and a limit on the volume of individual items?

When we arrived at Ocean terminal in a taxi on March 5th our luggage was taken from us and through the terminal drop off as usual.

We then proceeded to the covid testing area with our hand luggage only.

I saw no one going through security with their hand luggage having any transparent plastic bags.

We had all our toiletries eg shampoo,conditioner after shave and perfume etc in our hand luggage.

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When we arrived at Ocean terminal in a taxi on March 5th our luggage was taken from us and through the terminal drop off as usual.

We then proceeded to the covid testing area with our hand luggage only.

I saw no one going through security with their hand luggage having any transparent plastic bags.

We had all our toiletries eg shampoo,conditioner after shave and perfume etc in our hand luggage.

Thanks. Hopefully if one's denied boarding then they have a procedure in place to retrieve your luggage from the ship if it's already gone on board!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

Thanks. Hopefully if one's denied boarding then they have a procedure in place to retrieve your luggage from the ship if it's already gone on board!

P&O are very efficient in getting luggage on board and outside your cabin before you get to your cabin.

With Royal Caribbean we are sometimes on board 4-5 hours before our  luggage turns up at our cabin.

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

P&O are very efficient in getting luggage on board and outside your cabin before you get to your cabin.

With Royal Caribbean we are sometimes on board 4-5 hours before our  luggage turns up at our cabin.

I had that sort of delay once on P&O. I was starting to get quite worried that it might have been left on the quayside by the time it eventually turned up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I had that sort of delay once on P&O. I was starting to get quite worried that it might have been left on the quayside by the time it eventually turned up.

A lot of cases end up in the security room if security want to check what's in your case in case you have things like travel irons in your case which are not allowed.

We had a man's umbrella in our case once on Royal Carribbean and I had to go down and collect our case after security inspected the case in my presence.