Place a hold on room while waiting for TA

With the KSF promotion starting this morning, I see a room that I would like to move my current booking to, but the availability for the category is very low and my TA does not typically get in for a few more hours. Am I able to put a hold on a room myself and then let my TA move my current booking to that room? We are already booked through the TA, just want to switch categories and not risk losing the room. 

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

With the KSF promotion starting this morning, I see a room that I would like to move my current booking to, but the availability for the category is very low and my TA does not typically get in for a few more hours. Am I able to put a hold on a room myself and then let my TA move my current booking to that room? We are already booked through the TA, just want to switch categories and not risk losing the room. 

Is there a way on their site to hold a cabin(with no payment), is so do it there.

I just did for a sailing, I have. Have the hold for 7 days.

Edited by Jimbo

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is there a way on their site to hold a cabin(with no payment), is so do it there.

I just did for a sailing, I have. Have the hold for 7 days.

I believe there is, but I have never done it and I don't know how responsive they are to that (meaning if it takes them an hour to reserve the room, the room could still be gone).

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

I believe there is, but I have never done it and I don't know how responsive they are to that (meaning if it takes them an hour to reserve the room, the room could still be gone).

Should go through right away, no delay. You will get a 7 digit number . That is the booking reservation #. Just don't use your credit card for anything, then you are locked to the booking.

Try it.

Edited by Jimbo