Certificate of recovery

cruiser61262

Following! I had Covid earlier in the month and  cruising early next month. No more symptoms and I’m now testing negative on a rapid but I’m thinking of getting a certificate of recovery in case I get a faint residual positive on my pre cruise test. 

5 minutes ago, Chriskoo said:

Following! I had Covid earlier in the month and  cruising early next month. No more symptoms and I’m now testing negative on a rapid but I’m thinking of getting a certificate of recovery in case I get a faint residual positive on my pre cruise test. 

Someone in my party just recovered and we leave in a little over 2 weeks so we share your same concern. 

I do not know, but would think it should not be any problem as lots of people have recently had Covid.

Just be sure to comply with the full requirements which require documentation of a positive Covid test taken 11 to 90 days before the cruise, as well as the Certificate.

My husband recently tested positive.. I called our local health unit and they gave me the name of a place locally where he can get the PCR test and Letter of Recovery all in one place.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2022 at 8:40 AM, Chriskoo said:

I set my positive test to my doctor...has to be an official one (not home test unsupervided), and she wrote a certificate of recovery on her letterhead.  I'm about to upload those documents into the Spain App for travel and see what happens!

I recently obtained COR's for both or us who tested positive in the UK.    Just googling on COR brought up many companies that did it on line for approx 50-100 each.    You just uploaded your passport picture, positive test results showing date and time of test and paid a fee.   Certificate sent in about  1 hour.     I used ours with United to get home by uploading both positive test result and COD to United.

For return to U.S. a Positive Antigen or PCR can be used but cruise lines are requiring a PCR test only.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I recently obtained COR's for both or us who tested positive in the UK.    Just googling on COR brought up many companies that did it on line for approx 50-100 each.    You just uploaded your passport picture, positive test results showing date and time of test and paid a fee.   Certificate sent in about  1 hour.     I used ours with United to get home by uploading both positive test result and COD to United.

For return to U.S. a Positive Antigen or PCR can be used but cruise lines are requiring a PCR test only.

And do you still need a negative antigen test to board? or if with these 2, you dont need to test? My hubby will get a COR, but I was never positive.. just wondering for him if he will steed need to do a test, prior boarding in Rome

4 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

And do you still need a negative antigen test to board? or if with these 2, you dont need to test? My hubby will get a COR, but I was never positive.. just wondering for him if he will steed need to do a test, prior boarding in Rome

If you have a PCR Test showing a Positive result accompanied by a COR you use that instead of a negative test for the 6 months from the Positive Result.  (U.S. only permits 3 month from test).

You should check the boarding requirements for Italy as I'm not a professional and you should make sure YOU are confident.   The latest Italy protocols as of May 25 are at this link.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***.

For you -  you will need an antigen test -  they state 2 days prior but there has been lots of discussion about whether it's 1 or 2 days and Celebrity keeps changing their protocol.   

Edited by Jim_Iain