Paying for access to Aurea sun deck

JAGR

I'm curious if anyone has recently tried to pay for access to the Aurea sun deck (say the Top 19 Solarium on Seashore as an example).  Pre-COVID, and depending on capacity, you use to be able to rent access to that area on a daily basis.  MSC does not have accessible balcony cabins that are in Aurea class, and DW wants to be able to access the solarium.  Does anyone have recent experience with that?  Don't need the whole Aurea treatment, but would like to be able to get the sun deck access.  TIA.

On 3/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, JAGR said:

To clarify, I meant for US sailings, if that makes a difference.

If this is a US sailing this year, you might want to check to upgrade directly to Aurea cabin. You probably know already, they have price structure update last year, nowadays the Aurea could sold as plain vanilla. So the price hike is pretty reasonable. I did a quote on Seashore Aug 2022 7 day sailing, it's only around $200 difference from Fantasia to Aurea for solo traveler. Of course, it has no massage, but same drink & wifi package. Just be carefully, don't take the "balcony upgrade" if you expect easy plus in Aurea, the new price does not include drink package anymore.

For the $200 (more or less), you got spa access all week, any time dining, priority boarding, room service fee waiver etc.. 

Apologies, I did not read carefully, you did mention you need accessible room, and I overlooked. 

Edited by Fly2where
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@JAGRHi, fyi, I just booked an Aurea accessible room on Seashore. Balcony Aurea (BA) Room 9064, 9066, 9067, 9069 are accessible rooms (all are connecting rooms though) on Seashore now. Hope this information helps. 

Edited by Fly2where