Unable to select seats or check in for flight next week

Hello,

I am unable to select my seats for my flight for my cruise leaving next Tuesday.  I have paid to select seats but the option is not available and neither is check in.

I had to book by phone as the website wasn’t working although the lady I spoke to said there were no issues.

it is hugely frustrating and not easy to contact Marella.  I emailed on Friday but there has been no response.  

Is anyone else having difficulties with the website?

Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, Millie22 said:

Hello,

I am unable to select my seats for my flight for my cruise leaving next Tuesday.  I have paid to select seats but the option is not available and neither is check in.

I had to book by phone as the website wasn’t working although the lady I spoke to said there were no issues.

it is hugely frustrating and not easy to contact Marella.  I emailed on Friday but there has been no response.  

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking in the correct area of the website? I think you need  'Accounts and Bookings' (at top right hand corner of website), then in the drop down list choose 'Advance passenger info'

22 hours ago, Millie22 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

I share your pain although we are a couple of weeks before we select our seats which we have paid for

Not been able to access our booking,flight extras etc now since beginning of February and still cant and thats after 5 or 6 calls to TUI and numerous calls by our TA to TUI,the latest one today and  to be told its now showing in manage my booking.......ITS NOT!!!!🤬

Further to this they cant explain why I cant access flight extras

I also cant access or order if need be chronomics testing kit  as their link does not recognise my booking ref

Strangely enough though, able to access our cruise control thingy where I have submitted passport details and where it will allow us to purchase on shore excursions,of course that relies on us giving TUI/Marella money which seems to be, once they have it they couldn,t care less

Customer Service is awful to say the least with advisers not having a clue about their product or how  to resolve issues or not interested

Good Luck and hope you get it sorted

Edited by Jim The Scot

If you think customer service is bad before you go, wait till you return with an issue. Its fill a feedback form in and wait up to 28 days. I tried phoning several numbers, chat, FB messenger and twitter and was always referred back to the damn form.

As an aside, we sailed on March 1st and had no issue with website during Feb at all? Is it possibly a browser or device issue? I am using a laptop and Chrome browser, and seem to recall some had issues with some devices

Edited by howmuch!

I've been having trouble accessing their rubbish website. It keeps saying it is undergoing maintenance! When I finally got to cruise control, 3 of the excursions I've booked and paid for are not showing. I phoned and spoke to a totally useless man in the call centre - no help at all. so I emailed - got a nice apologetic reply saying that this has now been fixed. Opened my cruise control today - excursions still not showing.

Next Tuesday will be my first time with Marella - sofar I'm not impressed.

8 hours ago, howmuch! said:

If you think customer service is bad before you go, wait till you return with an issue. Its fill a feedback form in and wait up to 28 days. I tried phoning several numbers, chat, FB messenger and twitter and was always referred back to the damn form.

As an aside, we sailed on March 1st and had no issue with website during Feb at all? Is it possibly a browser or device issue? I am using a laptop and Chrome browser, and seem to recall some had issues with some devices

Used laptop,ipad,phone.....firefox,safari,chrome so pretty sure its not an issue at my end 😜

13 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Used laptop,ipad,phone.....firefox,safari,chrome so pretty sure its not an issue at my end 😜

It certainly sounds like there's a problem at Tui end. I must have been lucky

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply.  So to update, I eventually managed to get through after being cut off several times.  The lady I spoke to said she couldn’t access my flights either and the seats should have been booked at the time.  I was given the direct number of the shop I booked through (having just phoned the general number due to website issues).  To be fair, the lady I spoke to did speak to the seat booking section and booked seats for me.

Eventually this seemed to trigger access to my account and the ability to check in.  

As if that wasn’t enough stress my husband has just tested positive for Covid so we can’t go anyway.  More phone calls to Tui and being cut off before speaking to someone.  She said I couldn’t have a voucher code and must book a new holiday for any time before 2023.  My holidays are fixed so the next time I can go is October.  The equivalent cruise is double the price.  Surely this isn’t a fair system? 

Good luck to everyone else sailing with Marella, I hope things run a little more smoothly for you!

On 3/30/2022 at 8:05 PM, Jim The Scot said:

Hi Jim, there seems 2 - 3 portals you can log into. have you tried this one? 

Marella Cruise Control (tui.co.uk)

Or this one

TUI

Edited by Rebel Rouser

Hi RR,

Hope your well

I,ve previously tried both those portals

1st portal

I can log into cruise control and already submitted our passport details and able to book and pay for on shore excursions,not that we will be but there is no facility/link  to select our flight seats.I notice some links are greyed out and have a timescale when available.

Travel information for example is only available 6 weeks before cruise.What will that show once I,m able to access it

2nd portal

No joy

Strangely enough can access/find our American cruise for 2023 in 2nd portal no problem

3rd portal Log into my TUI account

View all bookings-no up and coming cruises

A company the size of TUI you,d expect them to have a semi decent IT department

Giving them another week and will give them yet another call and ask to soeak to a manager

On 4/1/2022 at 10:33 PM, Millie22 said:

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply.  So to update, I eventually managed to get through after being cut off several times. 

As if that wasn’t enough stress my husband has just tested positive for Covid so we can’t go anyway.  More phone calls to Tui and being cut off before speaking to someone.  She said I couldn’t have a voucher code and must book a new holiday for any time before 2023.  My holidays are fixed so the next time I can go is October.  The equivalent cruise is double the price.  Surely this isn’t a fair system? 

Good luck to everyone else sailing with Marella, I hope things run a little more smoothly for you!

Hi Millie, just to say that I share your pain! What did you decide about your cruise? 

I was in a similar position - tested positive a week ago, ahead of 'my' cruise sailing today.

I spent hours repeatedly hanging on for customer service, being given contradictory advice, then being cut off when they transferred to sales. Some were barely audible. 

The 'free transfer' is free to swap to another hol, except you can't apply discounts & they've all shot up in price. 

Eventually I was accidentally transferred to a shop and the kind worker dealt with the online team to sort me out with a land holiday. Not ideal, but it's something. If I ever book Tui again I'll do it through a shop. 

Millie, I hope your husband is feeling well and you eventually have a lovely break. 

Thank you Cardiff girl,

it has been really difficult to speak to someone, we were also told we had to swap for another holiday and we decided on Croatia on Saturday.  By the time I eventually managed to speak to someone 5 of the 8 available hotels had sold out and to go would have meant paying quite a bit more money for the holiday and as it was only half board more money for lunch and drinks.  

On top of that that the flights were with Easyjet so I was a little nervous about it being cancelled, especially coming home as I would then miss my first day back at work.

We are now claiming on our insurance so hopefully we will get at least some of the money back but to be honest it has really put me off booking again.  I would have happily accepted a credit for a future holiday but being made to book means as you say that you miss out on any offers available and the prices have really increased.

I hope those of you sailing soon have a fabulous time!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 5:25 PM, Millie22 said:

Thank you Cardiff girl,

it has been really difficult to speak to someone, we were also told we had to swap for another holiday and we decided on Croatia on Saturday.  By the time I eventually managed to speak to someone 5 of the 8 available hotels had sold out and to go would have meant paying quite a bit more money for the holiday and as it was only half board more money for lunch and drinks.  

On top of that that the flights were with Easyjet so I was a little nervous about it being cancelled, especially coming home as I would then miss my first day back at work.

We are now claiming on our insurance so hopefully we will get at least some of the money back but to be honest it has really put me off booking again.  I would have happily accepted a credit for a future holiday but being made to book means as you say that you miss out on any offers available and the prices have really increased.

I hope those of you sailing soon have a fabulous time!

Hi Millie, that's a real shame - hope your insurance pays out promptly. 

It's so difficult juggling time off work with their 'offers'. I was told different things - like the flights had to be with Tui - and just grabbed somewhere to get some sun. 

Hope your next trip is less eventful.

All this palaver is making Barry Island look tempting to me! 

I am also flying out next week and was experiencing the same issue checking in for the flight. I went to a TUI shop on Saturday, the girl tried and got the same error that I got and told me it was because there is a percentage of flights that have to be checked in at the airport. She said the online check in quota had been filled by the time we tried to check in. What with all the other palava involved to go on this trip it looks like we'll be getting up even earlier!! 

18 hours ago, judropg said:

I am also flying out next week and was experiencing the same issue checking in for the flight. I went to a TUI shop on Saturday, the girl tried and got the same error that I got and told me it was because there is a percentage of flights that have to be checked in at the airport. She said the online check in quota had been filled by the time we tried to check in. What with all the other palava involved to go on this trip it looks like we'll be getting up even earlier!! 

Online check in does nothing to save much time anyway , only real saving was pre pandemic if you had no check in luggage or the airport had self check in bag drop terminals

21 hours ago, judropg said:

According to the TUI awful website you can only check in online for your flight 72hrs before now and not the two weeks it used to be

Another change which is long overdue is,if you pay to select your seat you can choose your seat the minute you book now and not the 90 days before return flight as it used to be

Edited by Jim The Scot

On 3/28/2022 at 8:59 PM, Millie22 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Hi, we had a similar problem. We booked yesterday for Explorer 2 in June, and selected extra space seats. I was advised that we could choose our seat location straight away, but, until half an hour ago I was unable to do so, as the site refused to accept my booking number. I phoned tui in the end and the lady I spoke to sorted it so that I could access the site online. Computers eh! can't trust them!

There sites not been accepting my booking reference number/details  since beginning of February

Although book through a third party who like myself has had no success in getting a answer/result from TUI I took the chance of popping into another TUI  store to see if they would be willing or could help.A very helpful advisor tried and had no joy either but she persevered and it turned out that where it requested travel date it was our return date it recognised not our outbound date.Reason,our outbound flight is with British Airways but inbound  is with TUI

So after numerous phone calls to TUI,visits to a number of TUI stores it turns out its my travel date entry thats been the issue all along and not the booking ref number.

Having said that,chronomics system doesnt recognise my booking ref so cant organise the testing pack but hopefully by the time we go its not a requirement