Voom questions

19 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Was it free? And did you get it because Royal required it for the second sailing?

I'm actually doing Symphony and then MSC Seashore...

Same ship both times, and free.  They MIGHT do it for you moving to another ship, but they will most likely charge you for it.  I have no idea how much they would charge.  Best to do a proctored video appointment with a test kit (I use BinaxNOW).  Buy one day of Surf and Stream wifi, go to a quiet place on the ship with good reception, and do the test.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pcur said:

Same ship both times, and free.  They MIGHT do it for you moving to another ship, but they will most likely charge you for it.  I have no idea how much they would charge.  Best to do a proctored video appointment with a test kit (I use BinaxNOW).  Buy one day of Surf and Stream wifi, go to a quiet place on the ship with good reception, and do the test.

Yes, I have the Binax tests. Will most likely buy a day...or just upgrade for the last 2 days. However, first I will try with just the surf. The video seems pretty low bandwidth so it will be interesting to see if it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thank God I upgraded to stream. Even with that the internet is painfully slow. I am technically able to stream (did some Amazon and YTTV shows) without buffering but the video quality is low.

Anyway, my wife did her test without problems. My test cut off while taking but then reconnected. The protor's voice also cut off several times during the test for me. But overall it worked and we both tested negative.

Also, FYI, they charged me $5 per day to upgrade. It was very easy to do. I had to go to a little booth right by guest services in front of the elevators.

Thanks for reporting your experiences. We have our big ax telemed tests for a Vision 6/10 return and will follow advice to upgrade Internet. Have to take test on a sea day unfortunately. 
If this doesn’t work out due to technical issues (ie crappy WIFI) can we pay for tests through the ship’s Medical Center?

On 4/28/2022 at 10:01 AM, librarylady19 said:

Thanks for reporting your experiences. We have our big ax telemed tests for a Vision 6/10 return and will follow advice to upgrade Internet. Have to take test on a sea day unfortunately. 
If this doesn’t work out due to technical issues (ie crappy WIFI) can we pay for tests through the ship’s Medical Center?

I *think* you can pay but not 100% sure. I would advise to call them to be certain...