Vegetarian options on Silhouette

Ehg

Hi,

We are taking my parents on a short cruise in May for Mum’s 80th birthday. My Dad is vegetarian so I’ve been having a look at the speciality dining menus to see where we might book. There seem to be very few options for veggies. 

We will be in Royal Suites so do have access to lovely Luminae, which, I know will have options, but does anyone know if there’s a separate menu in specialities for vegetarians? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, Ehg said:

Hi,

We are taking my parents on a short cruise in May for Mum’s 80th birthday. My Dad is vegetarian so I’ve been having a look at the speciality dining menus to see where we might book. There seem to be very few options for veggies. 

We will be in Royal Suites so do have access to lovely Luminae, which, I know will have options, but does anyone know if there’s a separate menu in specialities for vegetarians? 

Thank you in advance. 

We are in a Royal Suite on the TA on April 8th.  We are vegans and we have been assured that they will cater to us.  There was another vegan who was in a suite that wrote a review a while back who had been on Silhouette and said the food they made for them was fantastic, much of it off menu based on what they preferred.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ehg said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance. 

In the Royal Suite, you will also have included dining for lunch and dinner in all of the specialty restaurants

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was happily surprised when I phoned Celebrity yesterday to cancel a specialty restaurant reservation and upgrade my drink package. After taking care of that business  I was asked if there was anything else the agent could do for me. She asked about any special diets or food allergies that we might have, asked about special occasions. I was impressed! I might suggest calling Celebrity or your TA to have your parties’ dietary needs noted on the reservation. 

• Like 2

We had the same issue while on the Constellation.   We are both vegetarian but like vegan dishes because of the lower fat content.  The Luminae menu includes at least one vegan or vegetarian option for mains and starters, but you will also be able to order off the MDR menu which will have at least 2 additional  selections in each category. There is a separate vegetarian/vegan daily menu that they can show you in addition to these.  We were absolutely thrilled with the food.   On Edge class ships you would have more difficulty as they do not allow you to order off the MDR menu in Luminae  We did not find the vegetarian selections in the specialty restaurants on Connie interesting enough to pull us away from Luminae

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...