orlando airport to port canaveral

whitman

any suggestions on getting to the ship. I found a flight that gets me into orlando at 12:05. has anyone used the RC ground transfer from the airport to the ship? is there a time schedule when their bus leaves the airport? this is the earliest flight i could get that day. will i have enough time to get to the ship or should i fly in the day before? If so, any suggestions on where to stay cheap and how i would catch the RC transfer bus. would i have to go back to the airport to get it?

We used Art's shuttle also. They met us in baggage claim and gave us great service. On the way back they met us in the parking lot outside of the terminal.

A noon time flight arrival will give you plenty of time to get to the port.

We're renting a car one way there and then one way back.

There are 4 of us charing the cost so we are saving on the RCCL shuttle costs.

Our reasonings include:

save money

to be able to swing by costco or Sam's to get liquor

because the RCCL shuttle doesnt depart the airport till 2 p.m.

Happy Sailing!

whitman- you don't say where you are flying from or what month. Will snow at the airport be a factor?

We don't take the insurance, so we always get to the port area a day ahead. Better safe than sorry. I live in Tampa and this March, I will be driving down to the cape a day early for our Mariner March 19th cruise. You can stay at several hotels that offer free shuttle from hotel to port and back again.

I guess I've read too many horror stories on this forum about flight delays, luggage problems and car problems. You don't want to break down on the Beach Line. I think it might take awhile to get some help. Not many service stations between Orlando and the port.

Ok, didn't mean to scary you, just something to think about.

The Big Booper,

I started the film loop for our Meet and Mingle group as a way for us to see each other before our cruise. I really didn't know what I was getting into. It was easy for me to start a new loop, but everyone is finding the information to add pictures a little tricky. I think it's because you have to join up before you can add picture. You can easily start your own loop for your group. Once the loop software was downloaded I added our first pictures and then added it to my signature.

Very easy to add pictures for the person that started the loop. You can also get rib of a bunch of the advertisments that come with the loop. I can't remember how right now, but keep working on it.

I'd start here http://www.filmloop.com/areyou.html

Good Luck!

Archived