Noise on Emerald Deck, Golden Princess

racepoint

I posted this query previously under "Cabin Tips" and got no replies. Can anybody who has experience with mid-ship cabins on the Emerald Deck (8) tell me if they've experienced noise from below on Deck (7), specifically from the Explorers Lounge?

I posted this query previously under "Cabin Tips" and got no replies. Can anybody who has experience with mid-ship cabins on the Emerald Deck (8) tell me if they've experienced noise from below on Deck (7), specifically from the Explorers Lounge?

Don't know about midship, but we were directly over Princess Theatre on Emerald deck and didn't hear anything. Of course we slept with our balcony door slightly open to hear the ocean at night.:p The only time I remember hearing anything from the theatre was during the day- one time. I was taking a little catnap with our balcony door closed and did hear the faint sounds of music.

Hope some of this was helpful to you.

We were on the Aloha deck on the Star last Oct. and we could hear chairs dragging across the deck above. The Star and Golden are laid out the same. We were in A423 if that will help you.

We are on the Emerald deck over Exlplorer's Lounge on the Golden in April so I'm interested in an answer to this question.

We had a mid ship outside obstructed cabin on the Diamond Princess last year, an inside forward on Aloha on the Grand the year before that and an outside mid ship on Aloha on the Star a year before that. Never had any problems with noise other than the forward cabin on the Grand. We did get some anchor noise, but could usually just turn over and go back to sleep. The one time we did have problems with noise we were on the Sea Princess and had the running deck right above us. Woke up every morning to a constant thump, thump, thump as people ran by. Will never do that again!

Emerald deck is our deck of choice and if we can't get one of those minis we look for another sailing date (one exception, when we sailed on Caribe deck in a balcony cabin, only because the cabin was almost free :-)

We have never heard noise from below and the deck is perfect because you are the closest to the water and very convenient to everything........

Judy

Archived