Borghese to Albergo del Senato, Advise Please

cleobella

The morning we leave for Port Citivechia, we would like to take a taxi from the Albergo del Senato Hotel to the Borghese Gallery. Then we will need to get back to the hotel for our transfer. I'd love to walk the 30 mins if it's easy and scenic but it looks like the walk may be along a busy street and complicated. Anybody have knowledge of this area? Would the walk be do- able? If we taxi back, can we pick up a taxi right at the gallery? Or maybe somewhere on the route, like could we walk a bit then stop at a Cafe, and maybe get a taxi or resume walking? We would want to be back to the hotel by 1pm latest. Advice appreciated!

Much of the walk is along a pedestrian pathway, from the Trevi Fountain to the hotel, so that makes it easier.

The beginning of the walk is inside the park, so that's easy.

You leave the park and walk through Porta Pinciana onto the famous Via Veneto, which is interesting in its own right.  Follow this down the hill to Piazza Barberini (I think a google map takes you a slightly different way, Via Veneto is more interesting and doesn't make the walk any longer).  After Piazza Barberini you're on Via Tritone for a block and a half (or so) to Via della Stamperia, it's a diagonal left turn just past Via della Panetteria.  At this point you'll enter the pedestrian area and the Trevi fountain will be just steps ahead of you, on your left.

From the Trevi fountain just follow the pedestrian path.  You'll have to cross Via del Corso, a busy street, but there's a crosswalk.

In all, the only time you'd be walking on a city street would be from Porta Pinciana to Via della Stamperia, about three quarters of a mile.  There are sidewalks the entire way.

Walking in this direction is downhill, which is a nice bonus.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

Not much on Via Veneto worth eating at anymore.  When I'd stay at the Westin as a *wood employee, I'd walk down to Piazza Barberini to Via Trintone to get over the the Pantheon area to eat.  Sometimes, I'd go right on Via Ludovici to Via di Porto Pinciana which becomes Via Via Francesco Crispi to the Spanish Steps and down.  From there, it's an easy walk to the Pantheon area. 

I'd skip Via Veneto and wait until you are on the "flats" to find a spot to eat.