MSC Seashore Day One

funship freddy

Day one continued…..

MSC’s new terminal is still under construction so we boarded at a temporary location. All was “sailing” along, we were next in line for security when the fire alarm sounded. Everything froze. The building was evacuated. Everyone. Passengers, Staff - Everyone. Outside away from the building in the sun. HOT

After about an hour we all lined up again for security and then check/in.

Day one always seems to drag. Up at 4:15. Airport was crazy. Flight delayed.

Problem at the pier. Finally on board.

We have cruised on MSC Seaside (3X) before and I read all I could find about Seashore and watched lots of U Tube videos.

Seashore is very similar with a few twists. Seashore is larger. They much improved the adults ony pool on deck 8.

Deck 7 on Seashore. The pool has loungers im the water and it isn’t all deep like Seaside.

Our aft corner cabin is on Deck 11

overlooking the adult pool/bar.

It is outstanding ! Wrap around balcony with two chairs, a table and two loungers.  A doorwall faces aft and we have

two windows on the starboard side.

The specialty restaurants are now on Deck 5 and a couple offer al fresco dining.

We dined in Central Park last night. It is open dining for passengers with the Aurea package. I paid the $8 upcharge for a NY Strip. Prepared as ordered but very thin. The mushrooms looked like they came out of the green and white can you get at your local supermarket.

I would rate dining room experience on night one a C+
The Staff was friendly and attentive.

I did pass through the Marketplace buffet

in the afternoon to just look. More on that soon along with my Sports bar visit.

• Like 2

More on Day One…..

I did pass thru the buffet to see what they offered. As it was mid day I grabbed a cheeseburger. MSC should be ashamed. It was way overcooked, dry and cold. I will try once again on another day and see.

When I watched a video I was excited to see that they added an aft upper bar similar to the Sunset Bar on Celebrity S class builds. Once again MSC got it half right. Their Sky Bar serves only beer  and wine (no spirits or blender drinks) and closes at 8pm   FAIL

The Sports Bar is the same as Seaside.

MSC rfid technology is way behind Princess Medallion. Medallion is free and mailed prior to your sailing. MSC is $9 and requires a 2nd visit rather than being available at check in.

Day Two - Nassau next “after these messages”

• Like 1