Has this happened to anyone before??

I'll tell you what's weird.  We have always had connecting rooms or suites with our kids.  Now we are traveling with 2- 19 year old's and 2 -17 year old's (our kids and their friends) .  When I booked, the RCI representative MADE us have a connecting room with the kids.  I wanted just 3 rooms in a row and they wouldn't book for me unless one was connecting.  I can't believe they didn't get connecting rooms for you-how old are your kids?  I would have panicked not to have my kids in an adjoining room -it would have ruined my entire trip for worrying.

51 minutes ago, kateg said:

I'll tell you what's weird.  We have always had connecting rooms or suites with our kids.  Now we are traveling with 2- 19 year old's and 2 -17 year old's (our kids and their friends) .  When I booked, the RCI representative MADE us have a connecting room with the kids.  I wanted just 3 rooms in a row and they wouldn't book for me unless one was connecting.  I can't believe they didn't get connecting rooms for you-how old are your kids?  I would have panicked not to have my kids in an adjoining room -it would have ruined my entire trip for worrying.

The official policy, as published on their site, is that children need to be booked into connecting cabins.

Normally, they allow next door non-connecting or across the hall. 

In the OPs case, maybe they should have pointed out RCIs policy and explain that you expect them to follow the stated policy of connecting cabins.