High prices end of April in Miami

coops

Miami hotel prices are out of control this year but that is true for most major cities. If you don't have a rental car, you'll likely have to stay downtown, in Wynwood or Brickell. So prepare to pay.

You can save money by staying near the airport in a hotel that offers an airport shuttle. Or you can stay in the Dadeland area southwest of downtown and is connected to the airport with MetroRail trains. If you have a rental car, you can save even more by staying in the Doral area NW of the airport .

On 4/5/2022 at 6:24 AM, coops said:

Is something going on in Miami April 29th and 30th. We usually book every year this time and prices are always under 200.00. Thanks

Yes, the Beach Polo World Cup is in Miami April 29-May 1. Also that weekend is the Fort Lauderdale Air Show. Busy time in south FL.

• Like 1

Prices under $200 a night?????   Seriously?  I can think of a few places downtown but I wouldn't want to stay in any of them unless you are a dumpster diver for your dinner.  Miami is loaded with people and a decent hotel will cost you, unless as others have said, you stay out in Doral or up by Sawgrass Mills or down south near Dadeland.  Anything from Coconut Grove and north will be more than $200/night.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, Diver2014 said:

Prices under $200 a night?????   Seriously?  I can think of a few places downtown but I wouldn't want to stay in any of them unless you are a dumpster diver for your dinner.  Miami is loaded with people and a decent hotel will cost you, unless as others have said, you stay out in Doral or up by Sawgrass Mills or down south near Dadeland.  Anything from Coconut Grove and north will be more than $200/night.

Yes under 200.00 a night , we usually stay at Doubletree  Hilton Grand on Biscayne Bay in a bayview for under that price. No we don't stay at dumps either. Just noticed this year end of April is high price.