Help! Item left on ship

amy&ryan

We just got back from sailing on Encore and realized we left our iPad in the stateroom. Anyone have experience with this? On hold with NCL, but not sure anything can be done at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

We had the same thing (Kindle) happen several years ago on the Jewel. I put in a notice and they sent it back to me about one month later. They didn't charge me for the service although I was told they would.  Be patient. It takes a while to get the lost items properly returned. 

You can hope that the next port for the ship you were on will be in the USA for more prompt

return service. If the ship sails to one of the four corners of the world - can't say how soon

your lost item will be sent back to you - slow boat from Yokohama - carrier pigeon from

Naples - clipper ship from Southampton - this could be a least a week 10 days more like a

month or two. How valuable the item lost may have a surcharge/insurance value in the return

shipping. A children's memorable toy (stuffed animal) may rate getting priority service for

PR purposes and extraordinary customer service raves and kudos.

Knowing that your lost item has been recovered and awaiting instructions on the return

can be a relief.

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

You can hope that the next port for the ship you were on will be in the USA for more prompt

return service. If the ship sails to one of the four corners of the world - can't say how soon

your lost item will be sent back to you - slow boat from Yokohama - carrier pigeon from

Naples - clipper ship from Southampton - this could be a least a week 10 days more like a

month or two. How valuable the item lost may have a surcharge/insurance value in the return

shipping. A children's memorable toy (stuffed animal) may rate getting priority service for

PR purposes and extraordinary customer service raves and kudos.

Knowing that your lost item has been recovered and awaiting instructions on the return

can be a relief.

It’s the Encore.  No need to speculate. She is currently sailing out of Miami to the Caribbean and will leave Miami on April 17, heading to Seattle for the Alaska run from May to October.

Edited by YVRteacher

Had a similar situation a few years ago.  I was stonewalled until I contacted a concierge we know real well.  Then the items were sent to Miami lost and found.  Contacted them and was stonewalled again.  Had to contact the concierge yet again for the L/F to finally realize they had my items and eventually return them to me.  Took about a month all together.

A phone left in our stateroom was returned about 4 weeks later.  We didn't know where we'd left it, but the room steward turned it in, so it eventually made it back to us long after we'd replaced it.

A pair of Rx sunglasses left on deck during the sail-away dance party were never found.  Guest services had a shoe-box sized bin of random sunglasses, but my clearly bi-focal (thick and heavy!) Rx pair never turned up.  We stopped at every bar, the burger place, and guest services all week.  No luck.