Negative but Exposed - Must Eat All Meals in Cabin??

MDTrip

Did anyone else see this on an Edge FB page? Is this a new policy? I thought if you were a close contact and then had two negative tests, you were free??

Here is the post:

"I am writing this post, because I do not want anyone to experience what we did this week on the Edge. First of all, I want everyone to know that Celebrity is still and will always be our favorite cruise line.
On Wednesday as we were in the catamaran about to push off, a Celebrity representative came and asked us to come with her. She proceeded to tell us that we were were identified as a close contact and had to be tested and go directly to our cabin.
Long story short, we were tested for 4 days and negative each time. We do know who we exposed and we certainly do not have any ill feelings toward him. A couple asked us to have lunch with them in Luminae and of course we did. They are a lovely couple. Thankfully the gentleman is perfectly fine.
I would suggest to everyone to eat with only the people you are directly traveling with.
As a result of our lunch, we had to be tested daily, wear a mask and eat every meal in our cabin. Such a bummer especially when you are in the Retreat. We were also instructed that we wear a mask on the pool deck and not get in the water. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I want to give a HUGE shout out to our Butler. Katarina was a hero! She delivered all of our food to us with a smile on her face. If it was not for her, we may have withered away to nothing.
I understand that this is the risk we take when traveling right now, but I firmly believe that unless you test positive none of your rights should be taken away."

32 Comments

Comment

49 minutes ago, MDTrip said:

Did anyone else see this on an Edge FB page? Is this a new policy? I thought if you were a close contact and then had two negative tests, you were free??

Here is the post:

"I am writing this post, because I do not want anyone to experience what we did this week on the Edge. First of all, I want everyone to know that Celebrity is still and will always be our favorite cruise line.
On Wednesday as we were in the catamaran about to push off, a Celebrity representative came and asked us to come with her. She proceeded to tell us that we were were identified as a close contact and had to be tested and go directly to our cabin.
Long story short, we were tested for 4 days and negative each time. We do know who we exposed and we certainly do not have any ill feelings toward him. A couple asked us to have lunch with them in Luminae and of course we did. They are a lovely couple. Thankfully the gentleman is perfectly fine.
I would suggest to everyone to eat with only the people you are directly traveling with.
As a result of our lunch, we had to be tested daily, wear a mask and eat every meal in our cabin. Such a bummer especially when you are in the Retreat. We were also instructed that we wear a mask on the pool deck and not get in the water. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I want to give a HUGE shout out to our Butler. Katarina was a hero! She delivered all of our food to us with a smile on her face. If it was not for her, we may have withered away to nothing.
I understand that this is the risk we take when traveling right now, but I firmly believe that unless you test positive none of your rights should be taken away."

32 Comments

Comment

I'm so sorry that happened to you!