Testing within 3 days of embarkation

thedarklord

It's possible no-one will know this - I know there's been a lot of confusion recently about pre-departure testing in Barcelona.
I *think* that we're required to test within 3 days of embarkation on European cruises at the moment.
My question is - what do NCL consider to be 3 days? If we're leaving on Sunday, does that mean
1- the test has to be done on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday 
or 2- the test has to be done within 72 hours of embarkation

Right now, our tests are booked for 9PM on Thursday evening, so if option 2 is correct, then we're all good. If it's option 1 though, we're going to need a rethink.

You are correct that there is a lot of confusion regarding this. We have a similar situation this coming weekend in Greece where lateral flow tests have to be within "24 hours" of embarkation. I have asked what exactly this means, and if it is actually 24 hours then when from (i.e,.when we turn up, when we embark, departure time?). Given the lack of a response we are just going for "day before", especially as it seems that they will be testing us themselves anyway.

As you are embarking in Barcelona you will almost certainly be tested again anyway, so it is probably a moot point, but, your situation does appear to be rather clearer anyway, as NCL have themselves published a table showing the what they mean when referring to 72 hours, as below. This means that your Thursday test is fine anyway.

image.png.6bc4c00379db8a5ff4cd8e5454446b7f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1