Catamaran Snorkeling Tour offered for St Maarten close to ship?

Sunny AZ Girl

I was wondering if there is a catamaran snorkeling tour offered that is easy access from the ship in St. Maarten?  We have been there several times and would like to do something different than the usual land tour with beach stop.  thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, tkere said:

We took this company March of 2020 and loved it (actually the last tour before the shutdown).  The food was good too.  A bit pricey and we took a taxi to the tour.  https://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/excursions/st-maarten-catamaran-tour/

That looks like a good day.  I have already e-mailed another company, Captain Jack's.  I will have to compare the two.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Might be worth a check - Eagle Tours (www.sailingsxm.com).  This is usually who we sail with, and their boats are nearby, I think?  We've done excursions through the ship and on our own (when we fly to the island), so they might have something that works.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello SnorkelAway,

We will be in St Maarten next month. Do you have personal experience with Random Wind or Eagle (or Viator) in St Maarten?

We were looking at the Random Wind website. I also noticed that Viator appears to book Random Wind excursions. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Diana

You can book direct online with both Random Wind and Eagle - no need to use Viator for this (I have nothing against Viator and have used them many times).  We have done excursions with both Random Wind and Eagle.  We went on the old Random Wind many times - have only been on the new Random Wind (a cat) once.  Have done various excursions with Eagle - have been on both Too Rhum Punch and Quality Time - last one in August 2022 was the Eco-Tour.  If you are very interested in snorkeling, then Eagle may be better choice - but depends on which Eagle tour you can take on a port of call visit.  If you are limited to a relatively short in time shore excursion both boats may just stop at Little Bay, Long Bay, and/or Mullett. None of those three has great snorkeling, but Little Bay may offer best.I think all Eagle tours leave from Bobby's marina, pretty close to pier.  With Random Wind you need to talk with them (or use email) to make sure they know you want pick-up at Bobby's Marina.  Look at both websites - call them to get more information if you want - and pick one.  Either one will have a good crew and give you a very enjoyable day.

Edited by SnorkelAway

21 hours ago, SnorkelAway said:

You can book direct online with both Random Wind and Eagle - no need to use Viator for this (I have nothing against Viator and have used them many times).  We have done excursions with both Random Wind and Eagle.  We went on the old Random Wind many times - have only been on the new Random Wind (a cat) once.  Have done various excursions with Eagle - have been on both Too Rhum Punch and Quality Time - last one in August 2022 was the Eco-Tour.  If you are very interested in snorkeling, then Eagle may be better choice - but depends on which Eagle tour you can take on a port of call visit.  If you are limited to a relatively short in time shore excursion both boats may just stop at Little Bay, Long Bay, and/or Mullett. None of those three has great snorkeling, but Little Bay may offer best.I think all Eagle tours leave from Bobby's marina, pretty close to pier.  With Random Wind you need to talk with them (or use email) to make sure they know you want pick-up at Bobby's Marina.  Look at both websites - call them to get more information if you want - and pick one.  Either one will have a good crew and give you a very enjoyable day.

Thank you very much for a detailed reply. This info helps a lot.

Diana