N95 Masks Required on Voyager?

5 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

So, if I’m understanding you correctly, American Airlines was ok with you taking the mask off as soon as you got into the aircraft, but Regent wasn’t 

I assume because a ship is still within territorial waters as it sails around Italy or Greece so it is public transport and follows that rule about mask wearing. An aircraft soon after take off would be out of Italian or Greek airspace fairly quickly so I assume they don't enforce it unless the airline does, especially since your leaving Italy or Greece. Just my thoughts the matter.

21 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I assume because a ship is still within territorial waters as it sails around Italy or Greece so it is public transport and follows that rule about mask wearing. An aircraft soon after take off would be out of Italian or Greek airspace fairly quickly so I assume they don't enforce it unless the airline does, especially since your leaving Italy or Greece. Just my thoughts the matter.

Maybe, but when I think of “ public transportation “ I think of trains or buses, I would have never thought of a luxury cruise ship as such . 

16 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Maybe, but when I think of “ public transportation “ I think of trains or buses, I would have never thought of a luxury cruise ship as such . 

Yet, I believe they are classified as public transport, hence the requirement to follow those protocols.

I hope this changes soon!

• Like 2

When we were in Italy it was not with Regent. However we did run into a Regent excursion in Florence that was from Voyager, totally by chance. 

When we boarded the aircraft we were greeted by a flight attendant who was not wearing a mask. However the ground personnel just outside the aircraft were all wearing masks. It seemed clear that the demarcation line for wearing / not wearing a mask was the aircraft. Whether that would be true in all cases is open to debate.