Sol y Mar All Inclusive

senseidai

27 minutes ago, senseidai said:

October will be our first time in Roatan. Thinking of doing the Sol y Mar all inclusive excursion through Royal Caribbean. Has anyone done that? I've read the water is shallow but otherwise a nice place.

We have done and enjoyed it in the past, but must be 3+ years ago. It is convenient from Coxen Hole.

You will find old reviews through the search engine but haven’t seen any since cruising resumed. We did the basic PAYG package which was fine for us. The only thing I wasn’t too keen on was you were allocated certain areas of the beach according  your package.

Not sure if it is still available but Bodden started to offer a shuttle service at a reduced price.

Edited by c-leg5

We were on this excursion in February and it was OK. The beach is nice…but it really is not all-inclusive. They ran out of pina colada mix at 12:30, the liquor is not top shelf (that is extra and the selection is very limited) internet was extra, didn’t eat the food because there flies all over it.

Wouldn’t do this excursion again.

2 hours ago, chiguy67 said:

We were on this excursion in February and it was OK. The beach is nice…but it really is not all-inclusive. They ran out of pina colada mix at 12:30, the liquor is not top shelf (that is extra and the selection is very limited) internet was extra, didn’t eat the food because there flies all over it.

Did you do the adult-only section? I wouldn’t do all- inclusive - it has been several years since we were there but they had “daily specials” on drinks that suited us fine and we ordered food off the menu.I know we didn’t pay extra for internet so that must have changed.

(ETA Just checked, their website still says free WiFi)

Unfortunately “running out if things” is a sign of the times - it has happened to us at several locations in Cozumel since June, on the ship, and at an AI resort. 

Edited by c-leg5

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Did you do the adult-only section? I wouldn’t do all- inclusive - it has been several years since we were there but they had “daily specials” on drinks that suited us fine and we ordered food off the menu.I know we didn’t pay extra for internet so that must have changed.

(ETA their website still says free WiFi)

Unfortunately “running out if things” is a sign of the times - it has happened to us at several locations in Cozumel since June, on the ship, and at an AI resort. 

It was the excursion through the ship. Normally book our own but with covid we have booked excursions though RC, which did say all inclusive. 

1 minute ago, chiguy67 said:

It was the excursion through the ship. Normally book our own but with covid we have booked excursions though RC, which did say all inclusive. 

I know excursions are very limited at the moment and we haven’t been back to Roatan yet. 

We went to Sol y Mar when it was fairly new and we booked through the ship but they offered several different price level packages. They have obviously restricted those at the moment if they were only offering AI. That wouldn’t be worth it to us - I recall it was quite expensive?

On 4/18/2022 at 10:13 AM, chiguy67 said:

Thank you for your input. We still haven't decided what to book, but maybe Sol y Mar isn't the one.

• 2 months later...

Anyone done the All-Inclusive excursion to Sol Y Mar Beach Club through Carnival lately? We will be there 10/22. I’ve also heard sand fleas/bug bites are a major problem .. anyone have input?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 8:49 AM, debnrick said:

Anyone done the All-Inclusive excursion to Sol Y Mar Beach Club through Carnival lately? We will be there 10/22. I’ve also heard sand fleas/bug bites are a major problem .. anyone have input?

Its been a few years since we were there so  I don’t  know how much things have changed and what is included now ( are you talking about adult-only section?).

Personally I would stick with PAYG. We enjoyed Sol y Mar when it was quite new. The one thing I wasn’t keen on was the “sections”.