Some good news on the Britannia second seating for the QM2 World Cruise

Lakesregion

Just received a response to my inquiry about how they will be running the second seating in the Britannia dining room on the QM2 for the2023 world cruise. The customer service folks in California tell me that they will be assigning set tables, same wait staff and passengers in the traditional manner of pre Covid. I have printed out the email to take with me should there be any question. But at least that part of the trip has greatly improved over Covid silliness. Now to drop the testing, and the masking and we are back to normal cruising.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

There is no way any customer service agent knows what Cunard’s protocols will be in 9 months’ time, so I’m afraid I would take what they told you with a gigantic pinch of salt.

Customer Service have probably just told what they plan/hope to do in 9 months time. In some ways it is good to know the plan but until things stablize (I know we have been saying that for ages now) then the plan is just a plan and you will not know anything till nearer the time or when boarding. 

This week the vaccination & testing policy has changed and we have already been notified of mask relaxation and then, in some cases, retraction due to higher infection rates. Plans and policies are flexible at the moment so the old days of standard planning for any cruises are currently no more. Instead, it is planning with various backup options/contingencies in place or opting out of cruising instead for time being.

• Like 3