When can you fly home after positive Covid test.

macmax

Scenario....you test positive and have quarantined for 5 days on ship.  Do Canadians still need to quarantine for another 6 days before flying home

or has that changed since we no longer need to produce a negative test to board the return flight?

2 hours ago, macmax said:

Scenario....you test positive and have quarantined for 5 days on ship.  Do Canadians still need to quarantine for another 6 days before flying home

or has that changed since we no longer need to produce a negative test to board the return flight?

Canadians still 10 days after PCR is positive. Day 1 is the day after the result.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisingawayfromthesnow! said:

I believe you have to attest to not having Covid in last 10 days on the ArriveCAN app.

I don't see it on the arriveCan app any longer which is why I'm questioning it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, macmax said:

I don't see it on the arriveCan app any longer which is why I'm questioning it.

Wow, that is really interesting! I see that the wording has changed in ArriveCan, but not on the Government Travel website:

" Tested positive for OR are showing signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, macmax said:

There’s currently a bit of a curve.  If you’re randomly tested on arrival in a Canada airport if you are newly positive, you’re able to travel on to your place of quarantine and wait for results. The random tests are PCR so there’s a 24 hour wait …by then you’re home. (You declare you have a place for quarantine in the last part of the details in the ArriveCan questionnaire in the 72 hours before you arrive. The questionnaire also asks where you’ve been on your trip, and if you've tested positive or in close contact in the 14 days before arrival…any of the questions on the app or in person can trigger a visit to the testing area and a sticker on your passport on arrival.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tango99 said:

There’s currently a bit of a curve.  If you’re randomly tested on arrival in a Canada airport if you are newly positive, you’re able to travel on to your place of quarantine and wait for results. The random tests are PCR so there’s a 24 hour wait …by then you’re home. (You declare you have a place for quarantine in the last part of the details in the ArriveCan questionnaire in the 72 hours before you arrive. The questionnaire also asks where you’ve been on your trip, and if you've tested positive or in close contact in the 14 days before arrival…any of the questions on the app or in person can trigger a visit to the testing area and a sticker on your passport on arrival.

After all the quarantine plan questions, the ArriveCan app asks:

- which countries, besides Canada, did you or those travelling with you visit. 

-  " Are you or any of the travellers listed on this form experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever and cough , fever and difficulty breathing" 

No longer any question about testing positive or being in close contact in the last 14 days.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dawnvip said:

After all the quarantine plan questions, the ArriveCan app asks:

- which countries, besides Canada, did you or those travelling with you visit. 

-  " Are you or any of the travellers listed on this form experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever and cough , fever and difficulty breathing" 

No longer any question about testing positive or being in close contact in the last 14 days.

That makes sense now yes. We couldn’t find an option on the app for “cruising” for the being out of country.  We had come back from the S and W Caribbean and had to list all destinations. And the pre-testing disappeared the day after we returned. Though the context of my note was wrt being random tested.  You are asked about contact etc by the lab testers during registration with the company at the airport in whichever province you land. Some folks are sent a secondary SwitchHealth kit. 

• Like 1