Help Lessen my Anxiety Please

Andoria

Hi, I'm not new to cruising but I am new to cruising during Covid.

I'm currently booked on Pearl; Boston to Bermuda at the end of May with my 80 year old mom.

My original plan was to travel to my mother's house the day before the cruise. Will one day before be enough time to submit our Covid test results to Bermuda for the authorization? 

Also, my mom has limited use of her hands. Will I be able to help her do the proctored Covid test?  

Lastly, I break out in a cold sweat thinking my mom will have to show documents on her phone. Will I be able to apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorization for her? Will I be able to upload all necessary documents for her on my phone?

Thank you for any help.

16 minutes ago, Andoria said:

Hi, I'm not new to cruising but I am new to cruising during Covid.

I'm currently booked on Pearl; Boston to Bermuda at the end of May with my 80 year old mom.

My original plan was to travel to my mother's house the day before the cruise. Will one day before be enough time to submit our Covid test results to Bermuda for the authorization? 

Also, my mom has limited use of her hands. Will I be able to help her do the proctored Covid test?  

Lastly, I break out in a cold sweat thinking my mom will have to show documents on her phone. Will I be able to apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorization for her? Will I be able to upload all necessary documents for her on my phone?

Thank you for any help.

First, just take a deep breath!  It will all work out. ☺️ That said, if you really want to lessen your anxiety, plan everything in a way to give yourself the MOST time in case anything happens.  On my last trip to Bermuda (in December) I made sure to do all of the Bermuda Travel Authorization process as EARLY as possible.  While they seem to get everyone done/approved in time, MANY people who did it at the last minute were sweating it out "refreshing" their emails 1,000 times a minute praying for the authorization to come through.  Don't be that person if you don't want stress!

Right now the Bermuda Travel Authorization site is accepting applications through the 5/13 Pearl sailing.  If yours is not until after that, your cruise will be available for application next week.  START YOUR APPLICATION(S) AS SOON AS YOUR SAILING IS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE.  This way, all you will have to add is your test results (when available.)  Do NOT wait until the last day possible to take your Covid tests!  Make your appointment(s) for 48 hours prior to sailing (just in case you have a faulty test kit! (I would buy extras to be sure - but that's just me.)

As far as whether or not the proctor will allow you to help your Mom get a sample, I am not sure.  I don't see why not, but I don't have experience in that area!

Also, you don't need to show everything on a phone - you can print out the documents.

If you plan ahead, you will be just fine!  Don't take chances and test "Murphy's Law!" 😉

Edited by pcakes122
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

First, just take a deep breath!  It will all work out. ☺️ That said, if you really want to lessen your anxiety, plan everything in a way to give yourself the MOST time in case anything happens.  On my last trip to Bermuda (in December) I made sure to do all of the Bermuda Travel Authorization process as EARLY as possible.  While they seem to get everyone done/approved in time, MANY people who did it at the last minute were sweating it out "refreshing" their emails 1,000 times a minute praying for the authorization to come through.  Don't be that person if you don't want stress!

Right now the Bermuda Travel Authorization site is accepting applications through the 5/13 Pearl sailing.  If yours is not until after that, your cruise will be available for application next week.  START YOUR APPLICATION(S) AS SOON AS YOUR SAILING IS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE.  This way, all you will have to add is your test results (when available.)  Do NOT wait until the last day possible to take your Covid tests!  Make your appointment(s) for 48 hours prior to sailing (just in case you have a faulty test kit! (I would buy extras to be sure - but that's just me.)

As far as whether or not the proctor will allow you to help your Mom get a sample, I am not sure.  I don't see why not, but I don't have experience in that area!

If you plan ahead, you will be just fine!  Don't take chances and test "Murphy's Law!" 😉

Thank you. I'm definitely not a last minute planner. I'll go to my mom's house two days before. 

Just now, Andoria said:

Thank you. I'm definitely not a last minute planner. I'll go to my mom's house two days before. 

Very smart!  Also, I just edited my post to respond to your question about documents.  You can print everything out!

5 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Very smart!  Also, I just edited my post to respond to your question about documents.  You can print everything out!

Thank you. You made me feel a lot less anxious.

• Like 1

We did the proctored tests twice since we've had to submit them.  I helped both of my parents with their proctored tests.  Both times, the proctor was aware that I was helping them and they didn't seem to have a problem with it.  I think it helps to make them aware of your presence if you are helping.

2 minutes ago, Sexydva74 said:

We did the proctored tests twice since we've had to submit them.  I helped both of my parents with their proctored tests.  Both times, the proctor was aware that I was helping them and they didn't seem to have a problem with it.  I think it helps to make them aware of your presence if you are helping.

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

Yea, same.  Told the proctor my mom could not squeeze the little bottle and they were happy to let me help as LONG AS IT WAS ALL ON CAMERA.  That is the real key, that they can see it.

That's good to know. Thank you!