Just off Carribbean - now ready for Alaska!

bigfern

My family & I just came off a Western Carribbean cruise via Carnival Elation on 2/11-16/06, and now my husband & I would like to sail Alaska. I'm disappointed, however, at the rates Carnival has aboard their Spirit ship. To top it off, the airline rates are costly. :eek:

I love sailing Carnival - would I do better calling them for past guest perks, or should I turn to another, "cheaper" line? :confused:

I organized a group cruise for the Elation, and I was considering organizing one for Alaska, but I won't if it doesn't get me a significant discount. :o

Any thoughts?:rolleyes:

You are not going to find the cruise bargains of the Caribbean sailing Alaska. Also be well aware, that the Carnival sailings is similar to all others, middle aged and above is the majority, no party ships and completely different in their activites. Carnival does have a superb ship naturalist and the bonus of the "odd" Wednesday sailing day, which means overall , fewer ships in port.

But determine what you want out of your cruise and if the pricing is within your limits. Budget Fully for costly excursions, you get only half a trip without time and few are in the range of the Caribbean pricing.

Look at the round trips on Carnival, in May and Sept. great itinerary for going to Glacier Bay and can fly in/out of Seattle with a 4 hour transfer to Vancouver.

Archived