SIM card vs international plan

Cruiser1862

15 minutes ago, SWACK said:

You may have an issue using that esim for the new iPhones, Verizon and most services lock the device for the 1st 60 days...

I purchased our iPhones directly from Apple.  The phones I receive will be unlocked as were the last ones I purchased.

We have iPhones and I switched to T-Mobile a few months ago.   They have a plan that includes international texting  and roaming and phone calls are 25cents a minute.    With this plan we were connected on land in Turkey, Italy, Greece for email, messaging and FaceTiming…and google maps and waze.   Good service and connection.   We kept it on airplane mode while on ship as those roaming fees were not included.   

Edited by CRUIS4ME

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like AT&T's international plan the best, and is part of the reason why I stick with them.

$10/day for unlimited internationally, capped at 10 charges per billing cycle, after that it's free.  For secondary lines on the same day, it's $5/day/line.

T-Mobile's 15gb plan for $50 isn't bad, but I personally don't want to have to worry about data consumption.  And there's no way I want the slow speeds of their free data after 5gb.  Still, 20gb total for $50 is more than enough for most, so pretty good deal.

Verizon, as far as I can tell, has no limit to the number of charges in a billing cycle for their day pass, and their $100 package is limited.  Verizon also places limits on the countries you can call (only where you are and back to the US), while AT&T includes every country on their list for free.