Seeking advice— Adventure of the Seas (voyager class)— 2 Bedroom Grand suite or 2 cabins?

renji

Hello…am planning on the 5 night to Bermuda on Adventure of the Seas, taking 3 best friends to celebrate one’s 50th birthday. None of my friends have cruised before and I’m an avid cruiser and want to make it really special for them all (I used to do inside cabins and spend at the spa but since the restart have been trying suites and admit I’ve gotten a bit spoiled by the space and treatment).

I would want us all in real beds so 4 in a suite doesn’t work. My options are 2 balconies for $4200, 2 junior suites for $5200, 2 Grand suites for $9700 (least attractive to me given expense and location under pool deck) or the 2 bedroom Grand (cabin 8694) for $10,800. Right now I’m considering the most expensive option, mainly because (even though the second bedroom and bathroom is a bit lame for adults, it is quite a trek all the way aft, and the structure of the ship impedes the aft view), the living room and balcony space will give us real space to all be together on the 2 sea days. We are pescatarians and avoid buffets so a little flex on dining in the cabin might be nice,  (I’m going to do internet, and beverage and at least some dining packages too. If I don’t do the 2 bedroom, i would stick with regular balconies (or maybe junior suites to make it a little special) next door to each other, get the key, and just splurge for all on the spa…I am sure they will be happy with whatever I choose, as they have never cruised!

Would be grateful for any or all advice about the wow factor on the 2 bedroom, or the suite perks on this Adventure/Voyager class.  I’ve done suites on Crystal and Cunard, but will first be doing on Oasis, NCL Prima and Celebrity Beyond later in 2022….

I just read someone who said first and last time on rcl. It was either adventure or liberty out of Galveston in 2 bedroom suite. She was so disappointed in the perks. No space set aside at the pool like she was promised. Only paid a bunch for a few drinks in the evening, no other perks. Her words not mine.

Pay what you are comfortable with. Dont ruin the cruise. 

Unless you want all of the suite perks, I'd go for two junior suites.  You'd have more overall room than the 2BR GS.  An alternative would be two grand suites if you want the perks.  I don't think I'd choose the 2BR - it just looks too cramped.  In fact, it's just slightly larger than an owner's suite, and packs in two bedrooms and two bathrooms.  

9 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Unless you want all of the suite perks, I'd go for two junior suites.  You'd have more overall room than the 2BR GS.  An alternative would be two grand suites if you want the perks.  I don't think I'd choose the 2BR - it just looks too cramped.  In fact, it's just slightly larger than an owner's suite, and packs in two bedrooms and two bathrooms.  

The suite perks aren’t worth the $ difference on that ship.   I’d go two balconies or two JR suites and splurge elsewhere if you want to spend the difference.  

I've stayed in 9394 on another ship of the same class. Loved it. Great balcony. No way I would ever pay that for a 5 night cruise though. Only you know the value of that price to you though. If you can happily afford it, it's a great setup.

All of these responses have been so helpful! Thank you so much. Looks like the two bedroom gives you one bathroom like in a junior suite and one that is like a balcony…I decided to do the 2 junior suites next to each other so we all have the same nice bathroom, it’s midship so more convenient and less motion for their first trip. And given how overpriced the 2 bedroom feels at more than double.  Also I’ll have been in an owner’s suite on Oasis just 2 weeks earlier and have a feeling the Suite perks  will disappoint. I can pay for room service (and a lot of spa treatments for everyone) with that $5600!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, renji said:

All of these responses have been so helpful! Thank you so much. Looks like the two bedroom gives you one bathroom like in a junior suite and one that is like a balcony…I decided to do the 2 junior suites next to each other so we all have the same nice bathroom, it’s midship so more convenient and less motion for their first trip. And given how overpriced the 2 bedroom feels at more than double.  Also I’ll have been in an owner’s suite on Oasis just 2 weeks earlier and have a feeling the Suite perks  will disappoint. I can pay for room service (and a lot of spa treatments for everyone) with that $5600!

Good choice.  Junior suites have plenty of room to move around and decent size balconies.  Owner suites will spoil you.  There is so much room and the balcony is huge.  Enjoy all your cruises.  Cheers

30 minutes ago, renji said:

The 2BR does have two bathrooms (lower right corner in the image below).  That black box in the middle is dead space, probably a chase or part of the ship's structure.  If you want to do a walk-through.  Click here:

2BR GS:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=HyGjcqrvH4D

JS:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Up6zGUnVCWG

image.png.4f62dc7fe37454850a21e51bec619761.png

• Like 1

On the adventure of the seas, I suggest two superior ocean view- if possible attached.  You will each get a bed and have two bathrooms.  On the adventure, we had an owners suite and the suite perks were not good.  No special suite only restaurant, or deck like on the oasis class-  The lounge was a room, with no permanent bar- no features.  

We will again be on the adventure in May, perhaps the same sailing as you, and will not be in a suite.  The two bedroom grand suite is nice and has two bathrooms and bedrooms, but is very expensive IMO for what it is.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Our last two cruises have been in 2BR GS.  (One we took my brother, the other was just the two of us)  I liked having the extra space and even with just the two of us a extra bathroom was useful.  I'm looking at them more often now.  The common space is really nice as there's room to spread out.

The perks that Royal gives are subjective.  For us they're not worth the extra price.  We get the room for the space.  That being said, the perks differ between ship classes and are nicer on the Oasis class ships.

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Rodney your 360 pics are awesome.  I have a JS on Freedom and your pics showed me a lot about the cabin.  Cheers

I can't take credit for that - I just pasted the link from the RCI website.  I think at one time you could browse the ships and access them, but the only way I can get to them now is to start booking a cruise and when you select a cabin class, it will be a link there (see below).  If your ship doesn't have the link, then try another ship of the same class as they are pretty much the same.

image.thumb.png.33f8157cf0fd353f03cc800c7bf250c9.png

4 hours ago, rudeney said:

I can't take credit for that - I just pasted the link from the RCI website.  I think at one time you could browse the ships and access them, but the only way I can get to them now is to start booking a cruise and when you select a cabin class, it will be a link there (see below).  If your ship doesn't have the link, then try another ship of the same class as they are pretty much the same.

image.thumb.png.33f8157cf0fd353f03cc800c7bf250c9.png

I can get this link

On 4/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, rudeney said:

The 2BR does have two bathrooms (lower right corner in the image below).  That black box in the middle is dead space, probably a chase or part of the ship's structure.  If you want to do a walk-through.  Click here:

2BR GS:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=HyGjcqrvH4D

JS:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Up6zGUnVCWG

image.png.4f62dc7fe37454850a21e51bec619761.png

Yes, great visual, thank you!  I was just thinking that small room has a small bathroom across the hall that has the circular shower—that bathroom like the bathroom in a balcony. And the master bath looks like a junior suite bathroom (shower/tub combo). Aside from spending less than half, I liked that in 2 junior suites everyone has the same size bedroom and bathroom. I am actually thinking of using some of the savings to book the overnight in Bermuda at a resort for 2 relaxing beach days…

On 4/21/2022 at 10:34 AM, Cruise a holic said:

On the adventure of the seas, I suggest two superior ocean view- if possible attached.  You will each get a bed and have two bathrooms.  On the adventure, we had an owners suite and the suite perks were not good.  No special suite only restaurant, or deck like on the oasis class-  The lounge was a room, with no permanent bar- no features.  

We will again be on the adventure in May, perhaps the same sailing as you, and will not be in a suite.  The two bedroom grand suite is nice and has two bathrooms and bedrooms, but is very expensive IMO for what it is.

I’m going in July, so would love to hear any tips from your trip!