Icy Strait Point tram

stjlo

I keep hearing about a tram in Icy Strait Point. Can anyone give me information about where this tram goes and where we would board? Does it go through the forested areas? And does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks for your help.

Judi

I knew about the gondola but thanks for mentioning the tram. “While in Icy Point, {ride the tram} which only exists because of the cruise ship stops and was restored expressively for them.
If your tired of shopping (the men hear me) be sure to take the tram ride.
It travels through the rain forrest and I began to feel like I was on Jurassic island and expected a Raptor to jump out any minute. That's just the way the forrest with it's old growth and ferns make it look.”

All the information I could find- and it is old. Wonder if the gondola replaced it? 

• Like 1

We were in ISP on NCL Encore last summer and they dock at a location remote from the main ISP Cannery area so the tram or gondola depending on who you ask, takes you from that dock to the main tourist area. There was no charge for us as NCL passengers because the whole system is designed to support NCL's remote dock there. You can also easily walk it along the nature trail which I'm told takes about 15 to 20 minutes. It's a short 5 minute ride through the forest - pretty but not really what I'd call an attraction. It's basically transport. We were desperately trying to make our private tour as the ship arrived late on our port day so we needed the fastest mode of transportation possible. But if we weren't in such a time crunch, I would choose the nature trail instead any day.

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

As I understand it, the transportation from the ships into the cannery area is different from the "tram" at the top of the mountain after you get off the gondola.  I'm looking for info on this particular tram tour as well.  Cost?  Duration?  What do you get to see?  Thank you!

25 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

As I understand it, the transportation from the ships into the cannery area is different from the "tram" at the top of the mountain after you get off the gondola.  I'm looking for info on this particular tram tour as well.  Cost?  Duration?  What do you get to see?  Thank you!

I just found this info (highlighted below) on the Icy Point Straight Facebook page from the company that runs everything.  I have asked for clarification concerning price and availability.  

We are on Celebrity and they are only offering the gondola tickets, but I want to do the mountain top tram tour also.  I will come back and update if I hear back from them.

You will be able to book gondola tickets on the day of your arrival! If you book any mountain top tour, like the World's Largest ZipRider or Mountain Top Forest tram, mountain top gondola tickets will be included.