Carnival Excursion after Debarkation

wadecruiser

Has anyone done the Everglades Excursion on the way to the airport? We don't fly out of Fort Lauderdale until 4pm and thought that we would be transported to the airport by Carnival but include the Everglades excursion with the air boat ride and park. If you have ever done that could you let me know how it went? :)

I haven't taken the Everglades Excursion, as I live in FL, but have taken numerous air boat rides in the Everglades. It is well worth your time. Everytime we go there is something new to see. Extend your vacation by a few hours and go. You won't be sorry.

Bump---Has anyone does this excursion?

I did this excursion a few years ago (only my flight was out of Miami). It was a fun trip - air boat through the Everglades, Alligator show, you can have your picture taken holding a small alligator (they do like a donation for that) and also a small shop.

Beats hanging around the airport until your flight :)

My husband and I did the Everglades excursion after our cruise aboard the Imagination last year. I was a bit disappointed in it. It was a long bus trip (approx. 45 min) to get there, the tour site wasn't impressive and the tour itself was very short which was ok because there wasn't much to see. Everyone involved in the tour from the guides to the boat driver to the bus driver had their hands out for tips.

A few times during the excursion they made a serious plea to "donate to the alligators" fund yet they had a snack shop on the premises selling deep fried alligator nuggets!

I think an excursion after a cruise is a great idea because it takes care of your luggage, gives you something to do before a late flight and transports you safely to the airport. Perhaps one of the other excursions offered would have been better.

We did the Tour of the Alligators and thought it was great. We had a full bus and booked it with Carnival. Everyone in the group thouroughly enjoyed it. When it was time to go the driver even dropped one family at a hote they were staying additional nights in Miami and the rest of us at the airport. We mainly did it becasue we had so much time to kill before our flights but would definately do it again.

Archived