Booster?

We have had to recently move our cruise to September due to us getting Covid last month.

Just reading through small print and found that you need to have a booster 270 days after your last jab! My son who is over 12, is 273 days at the beginning of the cruise!

But the British government are not giving boosters to over 12. So surely at some point, no children will be able to go on a cruise until either marella drop the 270 day rule or the government ndecide to booster over 12's!

Not Booster but Vaccine related. On my up-and-coming Cruise in May.

Well, my retirement cruise In May 1st Booked for May 2020 since covid intercepted is still giving me Grief?
Long story (short version)
I was meant to be going this May 20th for 14 days, but covid has sort of struck again. We are taking our Granddaughter who has just turned 12 on 14/2/22 now then. Here is the sticky bit. TUI Marella won't let her go until she has had her second jab because there is only 1 week before we go and need to be 2 full weeks, Doh!
So, I have had to cancel the 20th May and rebook it for the 27th May 2022, so we are still going but 1 week later, but the Itineraries are just swapped around So it's Greece 1st then Croatia rather than the other way round. And we couldn't have the balcony cabin we originally booked as the 2nd week was taken. So we were assigned another balcony cabin next door to our original 😅
Also, what a nightmare I've had to cancel Meet and Greet car park and Premier Inn hotel re-adjust my Granddaughters' insurance, but the bonus part is we have upgraded to Radisson Blu with overnight stay and 15 days parking so just a 2-minute walk to the Airport now so all back on course yet again. Fingers crossed.

Just goes to show how the Vaccine can still mess your Holiday Arrangements 😅

9 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Not Booster but Vaccine related. On my up-and-coming Cruise in May.

Well, my retirement cruise In May 1st Booked for May 2020 since covid intercepted is still giving me Grief?
Long story (short version)
I was meant to be going this May 20th for 14 days, but covid has sort of struck again. We are taking our Granddaughter who has just turned 12 on 14/2/22 now then. Here is the sticky bit. TUI Marella won't let her go until she has had her second jab because there is only 1 week before we go and need to be 2 full weeks, Doh!
So, I have had to cancel the 20th May and rebook it for the 27th May 2022, so we are still going but 1 week later, but the Itineraries are just swapped around So it's Greece 1st then Croatia rather than the other way round. And we couldn't have the balcony cabin we originally booked as the 2nd week was taken. So we were assigned another balcony cabin next door to our original 😅
Also, what a nightmare I've had to cancel Meet and Greet car park and Premier Inn hotel re-adjust my Granddaughters' insurance, but the bonus part is we have upgraded to Radisson Blu with overnight stay and 15 days parking so just a 2-minute walk to the Airport now so all back on course yet again. Fingers crossed.

Just goes to show how the Vaccine can still mess your Holiday Arrangements 😅

All,s Well That Ends Well and all that RR

Have a great cruise

On 4/25/2022 at 4:07 PM, Jim The Scot said:

All,s Well That Ends Well and all that RR

Have a great cruise

Its not over yet? We still have to get our Granddaughter 2nd Jab, we have no lea way if she misses it for whatever reason!  it is 15 days before we go and only have 14 days according to TUI/Marella Then we have the night before LFT test and then another LFT  at Corfu port before embarking the ship. I just don't have a good feeling after 3 cancellations and 1 week put back. So many bloody hoops to jump through. No wonder I look old before my time 🤫

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, FIFE1 said:

I think a lot of people will be in the same position. We are due to cruise in October and it will be more than 270 days since our booster and we are not in the group so far for 4th jag. 

Just seeing this. I'm thinking about a September cruise and I got my booster mid November last year, so around 300 days when the cruise departs. Still unclear how that leaves me.

4 hours ago, DeclanDiamond said:

Just seeing this. I'm thinking about a September cruise and I got my booster mid November last year, so around 300 days when the cruise departs. Still unclear how that leaves me.

On my NHS App. It looks like it has a rolling Expiring date. Mine now say Dec 2022. when I had my last Jab (booster 28th October.

19 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

On my NHS App. It looks like it has a rolling Expiring date. Mine now say Dec 2022. when I had my last Jab (booster 28th October.

Thanks. Yes, mine is the same (Dec 22), but that's just the rolling end date of the travel cert on the app. The actual fact is that my second dose was in May 21 and my booster in Nov 21, so that will be 300 days approx since my booster if I cruise in September. I just don't understand how it affects the 270 day vax rule that a few of the companies are insisting upon.

Edited by DeclanDiamond

Not sure if this has any relevance to whats being discussed but on the many pages of my booking confirmation/e-ticket

“To satisfy the entry requirements of the countries on this itinerary,fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after administration of the last dose of your complete vaccine or 28 days after a second dose and up to 270 days from the administration of the last dose(the 270 day requirement applies to your whole holiday to ensure re-entry into destination on return.If 270 days have passed since the last dose of your vaccine you must also have had your booster”

Clear as mud eh 😅

Anyones  arm that resembles a pin cushion are welcome in any country

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

Not sure if this has any relevance to whats being discussed but on the many pages of my booking confirmation/e-ticket

“To satisfy the entry requirements of the countries on this itinerary,fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after administration of the last dose of your complete vaccine or 28 days after a second dose and up to 270 days from the administration of the last dose(the 270 day requirement applies to your whole holiday to ensure re-entry into destination on return.If 270 days have passed since the last dose of your vaccine you must also have had your booster”

Clear as mud eh 😅

Anyones  arm that resembles a pin cushion are welcome in any country

OMG, what countries? my booster was on Dec 1 2021 and 270 days from that is 28 August so i can't go on my September cruise or my November one or the one in July next year - crazy

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

OMG, what countries? my booster was on Dec 1 2021 and 270 days from that is 28 August so i can't go on my September cruise or my November one or the one in July next year - crazy

As I understand it - and I stand to be corrected, the 270 day rule doesn't apply against your booster jab.

It's 270 days after your second jab, but only comes into play if you have not had a booster jab.

Hope this makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1