Have you ordered a Princess basic cake or custom cake? How was it?

RSS from SF

---

I'll have a big milestone birthday (for me, anyway!) onboard Princess in a few months

and I would like a cake --
but not the small celebration chocolate cake* that Princess gives you.

QUESTION:

• If you have tasted the ordered cakes --
    Coconut Confetti / Chocolate Mocha* / Vanilla Celebration [image below]:
    Which one did you have and how was it?

• Or, if you have successfully ordered a custom cake from Princess, how was it?

* FYI my favorite cake is rich dark chocolate with dark chocolate ganache frosting & filling,
   with nothing else;
   never with mousse -- which both the small chocolate cake and Chocolate Mocha cake have. 

(I'll be on the ship 10 days before the date, so onboard I'll have plenty of time to either:
    order a stock cake, try ordering the Chocolate Mocha without mousse,
    or attempt a custom cake order.)

• image.thumb.png.6048094ad5f463c641ca530cf537e575.png

THANK YOU VERY MUCH in advance for any answers and comments you may have!

-RSS-

---

Edited by RSS from SF

Twice in the past we've ordered a dark chocolate cake but this was 10 years or so ago.  One time it was to die for, while the other was just a cake.  I'm guessing it is the luck of the draw who the dessert chef is and what amount of effort they want to put into it.  Get to know the head waiter a bit, and possibly they will guide your request.

Good luck and congratulations on your milestone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never ordered a cake but we always cruise around DW birthday and the  birthday cakes the waiters have brought down through the years were to die for especially if you are a chocoholic.  

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This offering appears to be new since the restart - it showed up midway through a recent cruise. 

Given that the display samples didn’t look quite like the photos, they appear to be assembled on board, so I’m certain a discussion with the Director of Restaurant Operations or his staff could get you something customized to your liking.  

Based on what I saw of a slice, I would call the filling more a whipped ganache than a mousse per se, but I didn’t get a fork in it to be sure. 

• Thanks 1

We ordered the coconut cake gluten free for my daughters graduation celebration in January. It was very good. They delivered it at dinner with a special song done by one of the waiters. They delivered the leftover cake to the room after dinner

• Thanks 1