Name of poster

Homosassa

There was a poster on the HAL board who used to collect equipment for donation to an orphanage in Guatemala.  He would cruise on the seven day itinerary on the Veendam from Tampa and had an arrangement with HAL to list is donations on the cargo manifest and give the equipment cargo space.

Does anyone remember his name  and know if he is still with us?

I am linking a thread from the Carnival board started by a poster who wishes to donate toys made by his organization to ports of call. I was hoping someone here may remember either the poster or know how he arranged the support of the cruise line.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2847689-wooden-cars-for-kids/#comment-63086144

I believe the poster you are referencing is Vrhovac.  I believe he is deceased.  Hasn’t been on the boards for some time and no longer on the members’ list.

When we went to Guatemala we took an enormous donation to the children’s school and orphanage.  The ship was helpful supplying bags to hide the donations (we had to return them after).

It sounds like the OP is looking for people to take them with them in checked luggage?  That is a non issue.

I can tell you that the organization we gave to is most worthy.  Screen shot of the name of the school and orphanage.

A9F0078F-3240-4C45-BF73-226CBF336B9F.thumb.jpeg.565d32d4f675ecaa32f91852394e58da.jpeg

I would advise to contact Ship Services IF passengers are not delivering them. At the time we went our guide warned us of corruption and to make sure the gifts were not in obvious view (which is why we used the HAL bags with a towel on top).

Edited by kazu
Edited to correct poster’s name
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1