disembarkation in Vancouver as US resident after Alaska cruise

Hi, could you please explain to me what to expect when I disembark the Majestic Princess in mid June after an Alaska cruise that originated in Whittier?  When I booked the cruise 3 yrs ago (!) it was the other direction, and I began in Vancouver, but circumstances forced me to change to a week later and do the cruise "backwards."  So I haven't given a lot of thought to how things will be with it ending in another country.  I am assuming that as I leave the ship I will have to go through Canadian customs.  I am staying in a hotel so that I will have a full day to explore Vancouver before flying home, so time isn't an issue as far as customs go.  And I think I would have had to do the ArriveCan before I even embark in Whittier?

Yes, customs will be done at the port, as you disembark.  I think it’s still a paper form when coming off ship.  You just hand it to the officer, after picking up your bags, and as long as you are not over on any allowances you just head on out to the exit.  At the moment, yes, fill in ArriveCAN before you embark in Whittier - but processes are in flux, and things may change as the season really kicks in!

On 4/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

So....I'd need to get that done in my one full day in Vancouver?  Can it be an antigen test b/c  a PCR might take too long.....

You can also do it at the airport prior to departure if you have sufficient time: 

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/travel-planning/takecare/covid-19-testing