Celebrity Shore Excursions - Is there a way to tell who the tour operator

MauraL

Is there some resource somewhere that tells you which tour operator is hosting the various shore excursions on Celebrity Cruises? I'm on the Millennium in July in Alaska and there are so many choices that sound similar.  If I knew the tour operator, I could do more research, size of boat if was a whale watch, reputation etc.? Is there some more information on the Celebrity site or secret code type anywhere?

Most of the lines seem to use the same tour operators.  If you mention the excursion's name perhaps we might be able to identify the vendor from past experiences.  There are a lot of us on this board that have used ship sponsored tours at one time or another so ask away and let's see if we can be of help.

Your other resource would be to ask the same question on the Celebrity board --- make sure to mention that you have also asked the question on the Alaska board so they know you have already covered that base.

Size of the whale-watch boat is a big deal to me, so I do try to find out who the tour operators are. Try googling the exact name of the tour. I've had good luck sussing out operators in Alaska that way. Or just google "whale watch Juneau," for example, and compare the blurbs on the websites to the blurbs the cruise line posts. More time-consuming, but it sometimes works.

You could try searching tripadvisor, but I've found that their site isn't as convenient for doing research now that they book hotels and tours. 

Thanks for the Google suggestion. I was able to come up with the operator as they had the same verbiage as on Celebrity shore excursion brochure. I also found out that the White Pass Railroad/Bike trip I have paid for with Celebrity already appears to be cancelled but Celebrity hasn't notified us yet, so I'm thinking about alternatives.