Issues purchasing fun shop items for cruise

Methosage

I just attempted to purchase a few items (bubbles, room decorations, WiFi) and it says "Something went wrong and your order was not processed.  Please verify your payment information and try again." I have tried a couple of different browsers and two different computers and am still having the same issue. Card information is definitely not incorrect. Not sure what is going on. 🥲 Any suggestions (besides waiting on forever hold for Carnival) 

Additional information:

Cruise is mid July, it is fully paid off.

I have two cabins.

Attempted to buy items for both cabins (together and separately, same problem either way). 

21 minutes ago, Methosage said:

I just attempted to purchase a few items (bubbles, room decorations, WiFi) and it says "Something went wrong and your order was not processed.  Please verify your payment information and try again." I have tried a couple of different browsers and two different computers and am still having the same issue. Card information is definitely not incorrect. Not sure what is going on. 🥲 Any suggestions (besides waiting on forever hold for Carnival) 

Additional information:

Cruise is mid July, it is fully paid off.

I have two cabins.

Attempted to buy items for both cabins (together and separately, same problem either way). 

I had this same issue.  I even called the Fun Shops twice, and they couldn't figure it out.  They supposedly escalated the issue twice and would get back with me.  Never got a return call or email or anything.  I finally had some success. The only way it would let me purchase was putting one item at a time in my cart to purchase.  Bubble for the hubs and me in one purchase.  Internet in another, etc.  I know it's a pain, but I was able to that way.  Hope it works for you! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Sometimes the website and/or their merchant transaction partner glitches out.  It can be quite frustrating.

Trying again later in the day or the next day is all I can suggest.

Thank you for the information, I will try it later today and hope it resolves itself. 

4 minutes ago, Brandiwine1977 said:

I had this same issue.  I even called the Fun Shops twice, and they couldn't figure it out.  They supposedly escalated the issue twice and would get back with me.  Never got a return call or email or anything.  I finally had some success. The only way it would let me purchase was putting one item at a time in my cart to purchase.  Bubble for the hubs and me in one purchase.  Internet in another, etc.  I know it's a pain, but I was able to that way.  Hope it works for you! 

Thank you for the info and help! I tried just putting one item in the card, unfortunately that also did not work for me. 🥲

16 minutes ago, Methosage said:

Thank you for the info and help! I tried just putting one item in the card, unfortunately that also did not work for me. 🥲

Dang!  I just tried to buy some strawberries and sparkling cider.  I could buy the cider but not the chocolate delight thing. Sheesh

I tried to purchase cruise cash for my cruise next month and got the error message.  I've had to change my credit card, so I thought maybe that was the issue, but when I tried to add cruise cash to my cruise in December, it went through fine.

I will try later.

I called them today about this and they said they are aware there is an issue ad hope to havefixed soon. I called because a month ago this happened and it still charge my debit card and wiped out my gift cards, it took 3 weeks to clear up. So make sure you are not charged. If you are they gave me a direct line to funshops to call. I wont know til tomorrow because as of know only shows a hold. 1-800-522-7648

This is when a real person, like a Personal Vacation Planner, can help.

If you don’t have one, you can just call the Carnival number and the person assigned to your call should be able to take care of these issues.  The website is often quirky for no reason, and the PVPs can help override that.  I have also found the random person who answers my call can do the same thing.  I know they sometimes get a bad rap, but I have not had any bad experiences with an actual person on the line.  I cannot say the same thing about the website.  I always call now if the website acts up, and it is taken care of much sooner than waiting for the website to settle down.