Dress code in specialty restaurants at lunch?

ridge4

You will not be stopped at the door. Wear what is comfortable to you.

* Back in the day, I was not allowed to wear a tank top for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the main dining room. I was not allowed to wear shorts for dinner in the main dining room. With the advent of specialty restaurants (and in recent years), nobody has enforced anything or could care less what you wear. 

There aren’t really dress codes anymore barring the obvious like no bathing suits and tank tops on men, etc.   You can wear shorts to dinner if you want and likely will get zero pushback and you will see others doing the same.  

1 minute ago, bonsai3s said:

You will not be stopped at the door. Wear what is comfortable to you.

* Back in the day, I was not allowed to wear a tank top for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the main dining room. I was not allowed to wear shorts for dinner in the main dining room. With the advent of specialty restaurants (and in recent years), nobody has enforced anything or could care less what you wear. 

There is no enforcement because there is no code against shorts.  There are recommendations, but they don’t prohibit shorts.  There are some bare minimums like no bathing or gym attire, etc.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the advent of specialty restaurants.  Likely more a reflection of customer preferences that fall in line with the more casual trends of the past 2 decades.  When business attire moved to casual in most industries, that was the end of it.  some people like to dress up.  Most don’t when on a cruise in the heat of the Caribbean.  Royal and the others are just catering to the desires of the customers on this one.  

• Like 1