Ketchikan Hovercraft Eco Tour

TransOceanCruiser

When trying to book this excursion, through Alaska Shore Excursions, it says no space is available for any date I try throughout the summer.  Has anyone had any luck booking this excursion for this upcoming Alaska season?  Does anyone know if the Hovercraft operator is still in business?  

Thank you in advance for any information that is supplied.

1 hour ago, TransOceanCruiser said:

When trying to book this excursion, through Alaska Shore Excursions, it says no space is available for any date I try throughout the summer.  Has anyone had any luck booking this excursion for this upcoming Alaska season?  Does anyone know if the Hovercraft operator is still in business?  

Thank you in advance for any information that is supplied.

It’s available for my NCL cruise next week on NCL’s site. It’s possible it’s only able to be booked via the cruise lines. 

Just looked on google and it says the company is temporarily closed. There’s no company website either. Also, viator says it’s not bookable right now too. 

Edited by LMKakaThing2

It still shows as bookable for my cruise on Carnival next week. It could be they are only allowing bookings through the cruise lines or they are out of business and the cruise lines will be canceling the excursions for those that booked.

The cruise lines seem to be behind on getting updated on what is and is not operating in Alaska this year. Some of them still have the bus / train combo excursions in Skagway as bookable, but the train is not going into Canada this year. I’m not sure why they seem to be so far behind on getting things updated.

Edited by JT1962

I did this excursion three years ago and it is not worth the price. The hovercraft is fun, but it’s just like being on any other boat.  It’s a looooong ride to a very small, remote beach with one stump and some mussel shells where you get out to stretch your legs then a looooong ride back to the pier. We didn’t see any wildlife at all.

• 2 weeks later...