FCC for deposit?

I have a FCC from a cruise in 2020 that we canceled.  It has to be applied by April 30th from what I understand.  I am trying to book a cruise on the website and wanted to apply my FCC as the deposit.  I was able to successfully apply it, but it is still wanting me to put in my CC#.  I have $750 in FCC ($250pp) but my deposit is only $300.  I really don't want to pay any of my cash for this right now, as honestly I am guessing we will have to cancel (we don't fully meet current rules). Our thinking was to use the FCC to pay for $750 of cruise.  If by the time final payment is due and rules are the same, we will just cancel and will be out the FCC money.  I hope this makes sense!    I really wish they would extend these out a little longer, but I know that isn't possible.  

Could be you can’t use the FFC as part of the deposit? This happened to us although was booked through a T/A not directly with RCI, the original deposit was fine but the amount we had received as FFC for a cancelled cruise they said could only be applied to the final balance, the new cruise had a higher amount required as a deposit so I just paid the difference, only a few hundred dollars and the FCC has reduced the final balance.

Each Cruise company seems different though as we also had an Azamara cruise cancel and received FFC, when we rebooked another cruise with a higher deposit, the FCC was ok to use????

9 hours ago, klb1978 said:

I have a FCC from a cruise in 2020 that we canceled.  It has to be applied by April 30th from what I understand.  I am trying to book a cruise on the website and wanted to apply my FCC as the deposit.  I was able to successfully apply it, but it is still wanting me to put in my CC#.  I have $750 in FCC ($250pp) but my deposit is only $300.  I really don't want to pay any of my cash for this right now, as honestly I am guessing we will have to cancel (we don't fully meet current rules). Our thinking was to use the FCC to pay for $750 of cruise.  If by the time final payment is due and rules are the same, we will just cancel and will be out the FCC money.  I hope this makes sense!    I really wish they would extend these out a little longer, but I know that isn't possible.  

The FCC can be used for the deposit however this can only ge done by calling Royal to book.

• Like 1