Uploading in Verifly previous positive and proof of recovery

tw67

My cruise isn't until May 15th.  About 2 weeks ago I had Covid.  I am vaxxed and boosted, and recovered rather quickly.  I have from Urgent Care proof of positive, and I have a letter from my doctor that I recovered.

In Verifly I just upload those,  and do not need to take a test.   I just want to hear from someone else that I am doing this correctly!  In my mind I have thought through the rules, and I am pretty sure I know what to do!  I am almost tempted to just test,  but if I still tested positive,  that would really complicate things!

On 4/30/2022 at 1:07 PM, Yankeegirl49 said:

According to the Carnival website (and verified by John Heald on his FB page) all that is needed is the proof of positive test within 90 days of sailing. You don't even need a doctors note and no test is required. 

Yes, I know I didn't need the note, but I am paranoid.  I am not sure where to upload this positive result in Verifly.  If I upload it where you upload your test results, I am worried it will not read the dates and will just tell me that I can't cruise.  

I can't find any documentation online for uploading a positive test result to Verifly. I'm wondering if we'll just have to go with paper. 

I'm probably going to try an antigen test and see if it's negative, and if so, do a proctored one and upload that to Verifly.

• Like 2

This morning I asked John Heald on his page.   If you are showing your positive test,  then don't use the app.  Just show the positive test and your vaccine record. 

• Like 1

I successfully used the "document of recovery" to board the Ecstacy in Mobile in April.  I could not find a way to upload my "positive" test results into Verifly.  So I had Verifly half way complete with photo, vaccine card, etc. You mention concern about Verifly.  If you don't like what happens in Verify don't show it. 

I used print out of documents to board.  I showed my vax card and my printed out positive test results.  I was not asked for a doctors note but did have one just in case.  The document check took less than 5 minutes. 

Lesson learned.  If I had known about using the document of recovery in place of a test, I would have taken MORE cruises.  By the time I learned this I was getting close to 90 days beyond a positive test and was able to squeeze one cruise in. 

Have fun!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, coldweather said:

I successfully used the "document of recovery" to board the Ecstacy in Mobile in April.  I could not find a way to upload my "positive" test results into Verifly.  So I had Verifly half way complete with photo, vaccine card, etc. You mention concern about Verifly.  If you don't like what happens in Verify don't show it. 

I used print out of documents to board.  I showed my vax card and my printed out positive test results.  I was not asked for a doctors note but did have one just in case.  The document check took less than 5 minutes. 

Lesson learned.  If I had known about using the document of recovery in place of a test, I would have taken MORE cruises.  By the time I learned this I was getting close to 90 days beyond a positive test and was able to squeeze one cruise in. 

Have fun!

Thank you!  I still have to sweat the test for my 2 young adult children and husband.   My husband and I did get on a cruise in October.   This current cruise with all 4 of us was postponed from January when my youngest tested positive between Christmas and New Year's, but in all honestly it was also postponed two other times when cruising wasn't happening!  Oldest graduates grad school this week,  and starts a job the end of the month.  There is no postponing this time!