Edge Transatlantic Testing positive for Covid

bananavan

19 hours ago, NCNina said:

However, in my case I had to rebook my flight (so you most likely would have to also) but because you would have tested positive how would you know when to rebook. I was cleared to fly by a doctor (with the Letter) and had no symptoms and not infectious by day 7 but I continued to testpositive until day 12.

@STLCRUISINCan you share how many days you had to wait after your positive test before a doctor would provide this letter? Thanks so much.  

NCNina-My positive test was on 4/27 and arranged my appointment for 4/29. I was able to get it quicker because my symptoms actually appeared on 4/21. which was 8 days before the online appointment (I thought my allergies were acting up). I had no symptoms by the time I talked to her. She released me for travel as of 5/1. However, the airlines dictate when you can fly in which case they stated I couldn't fly until 10 full days AFTER the positive test which was on 5/8.

Hope I didn't confuse you with all the dates.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 4:30 PM, bnurick said:

We were on the Edge in late January after I had COVID and we moved our cruise date.  After that cruise my Wife tested positive.  We have an upcoming late June cruise and while we have some increased immunity now, we are considering how to handle a quarantine situation.  If we are not being appropriately taken care of we figured we would strap on our KN95 mask and go to the buffet, get our own food and bring it back to our cabin.  So my question is, what happens if you leave your cabin or in @bananavan case a prison if in quarantine?  A passenger has rights.

From what I have read in other posts, when you are quarantined on the ship, they take your room key card. There is also often someone guarding the hallway. So going to the buffet is not an option.

• Like 1