Which World Cruise do you recommend?

islandwoman

I'm reading positive comments about Azamara's world cruise.  If I were to book it, I'd want to do so well in advance and at my age, there's always a possibility that I might have to cancel.  I looked up Azamara's payment and cancellation penalties

https://www.azamara.com/booked-guests/before-you-board/payment-cancellation

but can't see whether they are different for the world cruise, as they are on some lines.  Can anyone answer that question or direct me to that information, please?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I'm reading positive comments about Azamara's world cruise.  If I were to book it, I'd want to do so well in advance and at my age, there's always a possibility that I might have to cancel.  I looked up Azamara's payment and cancellation penalties

https://www.azamara.com/booked-guests/before-you-board/payment-cancellation

but can't see whether they are different for the world cruise, as they are on some lines.  Can anyone answer that question or direct me to that information, please?

Someone who has done a world cruise might answer that question.  However, I always pay the deposit on my platinum credit card, so travel insurance commences immediately. If I had to cancel for medical reasons, any non-refundable deposit would be covered.  Also the air fare that I usually book 11 months in advance.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Guinness1000 said:

The HAL WC prices came out yesterday, but since it's going to be on the Volendam you have to book a Vista Suite if you want a real balcony and those start at $52K/pp. That's too much for us, at least right now.

I checked out the HAL website for the 2026 world cruise. A pity there aren't more balcony cabins.  If I were to go on a World Cruise on HAL, I would want a balcony, so I priced the Vista suite as a solo.  The fare was practically the same as the Crystal World Cruise in a luxury window cabin, with many more benefits and fewer people!  Back to Azamara.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Holland does a great job and has a great crew ..

Gail & Marty,  Have you also taken other HAL cruises?  Can you please tell me whether there are any differences between HAL's World Cruise and a shorter one, say around 22 days (other than length of course!) ?

2 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Gail & Marty,  Have you also taken other HAL cruises?  Can you please tell me whether there are any differences between HAL's World Cruise and a shorter one, say around 22 days (other than length of course!) ?

Princes, Celebrity, Royal,  the majority  crew on Holland are from only 2 countries 

Thanks everyone for all the detailed information.  We are seriously considering the Viking World Cruise for January 2025.  We currently have the reservation on hold. 120 days from LA to London.

I only see one ship doing the Viking World Cruise next year.  There was mention on his forum that there ae two Viking Ships doing the World Cruise next year.

Where did you see that?

Thanks, D.

27 minutes ago, RlyLvn said:

Thanks everyone for all the detailed information.  We are seriously considering the Viking World Cruise for January 2025.  We currently have the reservation on hold. 120 days from LA to London.

I didn't know that you could put a Viking cruise "on hold".  How long can you "hold" a booking before you have to put down a deposit of which $1,000 is non-refundable?

We were researching all the world cruises for 2026 and ended up deciding on Princess Coral. We could get an oceanview (obstructed) for under $60K and includes their Premier package (all gratuities, wifi, drinks, specialty restaurants, unlimited fitness classes, etc) - basically all included except excursions. Azamara looked amazing, but was significantly more for an inside cabin (I believe it was close to $90K) and we would have to fly back home from England. Holland also interested us, but their prices didn't include the Have it All package and we felt like the entertainment might not be as good as Princess for both daytime and nighttime activities. We would also have to fly to Florida and back for the Holland cruise. I like to read what others are choosing based on the options available.

• Like 2

Thanks exciting lorilg12!

We just finalized our reservation for Viking WC January 2025. LA to London 120 days. 

Its unusual for us to reserve anything so far ahead. We retired at 55 in 2011 and have been traveling ever since, both by land and sea. 
We have cruised on most cruise lines in most cabins/suites. We usually book at the last minute unless there is a particular cabin/suite that we really want. 
It’s hard to know what we want to do 7 months from now. Since Viking Sky is a small ship we figured we better book before it sells out. 

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your input.