Which World Cruise do you recommend?

islandwoman

I have loved reading this board as I’ve always wanted to do a world cruise. My grandparents did 3, including preview cruise in 1969 on QE2.

Unfortunately bad health & regular medical checkups means I can only do small segments for at the most 4-6 weeks & that is pushing it. At the moment I’m seen weekly (& that’s NHS!) so it’s also probably not a real reality anyway. But s dream is good to have for the future. 

I’m also not allowed to fly for more than 6-7 hours so that adds more complexity. 

So any recommendations please for which line would be a good fit? We usually sail Celebrity. I’m not overly keen on M class.

As I said it’s most likely a dream as I can’t see being signed off by my consultant for that length of time anyway so please do not feel the need to explain in detail. (Hope that doesn’t sound rude!)

thank you Ann 

On 3/31/2023 at 1:00 PM, gkbiiii said:

I agree with you, which is why I won't do Costa or MSC.  Princess & Holland also seem the same way.  Oceana does seem like a good option, but for the money, the top choice to me, is Cunard's QM2.  A balcony on their 2025 full World Sailing, from Ft Lauderdale, is $43,000+, which is half or less than what Premium & Luxury lines are charging.  I could spend another $35,000 and still be ahead: plus QM2 is a Liner , famous grand vessel, the world over.

I have never sailed Cunard and have no reason to believe that the ship experience would not be anything other than brilliant.  However, when we were comparing world cruises for 2025, I realized that the port-to-cruise ratio is only about 39-40%.  For a 122 day cruise, that means a lot of sea days.

I'm sure anyone who takes a Cunard WC would have a great time.  But based upon the factors we were looking at when we did our WC, we'd like that ratio to be much closer to 50%.

My two cents...your mileage may vary.

• Like 2

Today I read this as I am preparing for my own first world cruise next year. Here how I decided and why:

To define first a question raised earlier: I want to circumvent the globe. I already did a number of grand voyages touching most continents, now it is time for something new. When I booked the 2022 edition, which was cancelled, the cruise should sail away from the same port as it where it should end. Just this won’t happen because different neighbouring ports will be used for embarkation and disembarkation. At least before and after the cruise I am booked in the same hotel. Of course a lot of things said here sound familiar. The number of sea days for example. Technically hard to avoid and I am as well ready to admit that days at sea are great to recover after intense visits. The question is how often you call a port and that you stay in the very most cases at least the entire day. Rushing around the globe with significantly more sea days than days in port does not appeal to me. I want to see the world. Starting and ending in Europe I regard as huge advantage, those living on other continents might see this quite different of course.

Indeed, the price matters. Surprisingly enough also I can spend every Euro once only. If I have the choice to travel two times on a good level I really enjoy or to travel once at twice the price a little bit better I will travel twice. Generally I am willing to spend money, there are many other details to be considered, but I saw prices quite out of all proportions as well. I disagree with those who want as many things for free as possible - not only because no single item will be for free, it is just included in the fare - but mostly because included items can be in the end very expensive. Financially all depends on the grand total only. Just one example: I know how often I change clothes and can calculate how often I need to use the laundry service. I have now pre-booked at a value of 240 € and adding it to the price of the cruise is not really hard. And for this I will have everything washed, ironed and folded, which is not the case if I pay more for a ship with washing machines for guest use. Of course this calculation is possible with all the other items as well and I know both what I use aboard and my bills paid in the past. On the other side it doesn’t make sense paying for included items I would never use. The same is valid about packages, it is all a question of calculations. Important to me is value for money regarding the grand total.

Yes, I agree, there are differences between American and European cruise lines, I just experienced differences in opposite to the posters before from the European point of view. I sailed besides with American mass market lines with those targeting only the UK and only the German speaking markets, as well as both the Swiss and Italian multi-language cruise lines. Perhaps I am too European and lived in too many countries, I just can’t understand that a crowd using several languages could be a problem. Finding a common language is no problem in most cases, often the solution is English. Quite obviously from what I wrote before I am not loyal to a single company, my needs need to be fulfilled and very important the ship needs to sail the region I want to visit - or in this case circumvent the globe. Already this reduces the possibilities a lot.

Since I am not new to cruising I think I was well able to exclude companies for my world cruise without further looking at their offer and feeling comfortable with others. A very personal view of course. I for my part never use cabin service and despite I can’t remember that cabin service would have not been offered on any ship I sailed with, somebody mentioned this item as being important. Wishes and needs can be very different. I did compromise recently, and took the only cruise line that offered a cruise from Cape Town to Europe visiting the islands in the Indian Ocean. A huge mistake!

A lot has been written about MSC. Never! Not only Americans have a problem with this line. MSC is the mistake I made recently, because no other line offered anything comparable. I was prepared for a low scale ferry standard and still was deeply disappointed. I sailed on the by far most run-down ship I ever had been on - and I sailed on much older ships as well. The oldest ship was 38 years old at the time I was sailing and she was perfectly maintained. It is the decision of the cruise line whether an old ship sails as comfortable classic ship or as a wreck. MSC decided not to maintain. Worst food ever, dinner talks were about what could be eatable at all. Not really the typical topic on a cruise during dinner. I never before returned so many dishes as being completely uneatable. Everybody complained and in the same sentence the ever-same excuse was heard: MSC is cheap. Everything went wrong and everything was my fault, regardless whether the information I got from the main office was simply not true (and never was), or MSC did not offer things that were available according to their website. Yes, the item is according to the website not available on cruises ending in China and it was my fault that I didn’t know that Venice is no longer in Italy, but in China now?!? Or the lies about the bureaucratic needs to get on a private excursions, just because MSC decided that a shuttle bus to move around within the port would be too expensive. It took me two hours to move the few hundred meters to the parking inside the port, just because I forwarded exactly this wrong information to the company I booked privately. The tour company did not apply for the permit to go to the quay, but showed the documentation MSC told, documents that allow to get to the parking inside the port, but not further onto the quay. Getting back aboard wasn’t easy as well. The car wasn’t allowed to bring me to the quay, walking was forbidden and security wanted that I use the shuttle bus - which was too expensive for MSC. All my fault of course. I could have booked an MSC excursion. An expensive suggestion! With a private car, driver and guide, all for me alone, I didn’t pay more than the MSC excursion was sold for, but saw all the things expressively excluded by MSC, they needed the time for bringing people half the time from one shop to the other. Generally MSC excursions were terribly overpriced. Aboard all day long high pressure to buy something, while entertainment was very limited - both in quality and quantity. Obviously many guests have cancelled the service charge regarding the circumstances aboard and after they were treated badly that MSC made it is really compulsory now, reduction or cancelling is no longer possible. And I was treated so badly so often by so many that I would have cancelled. BTW as far as I know it is the only cruise line that does not guarantee that the money collected through the service charge is distributed among the staff. That I was happy being finally able to leave the ship tells everything. I wouldn’t book their world cruise if it would be for free!

Cunard also was mentioned several times. Sailing with a Queen around the globe sounded interesting to me on first glimpse only. Although I am a friend of cultivated dining (I know, others opposed exactly to this) the time involved - it was below 100 days for the 2022 world cruise I wanted to do originally - made it uninteresting. I will now travel an entire month longer! Also travelling as single does not make Cunard very attractive regarding the supplement involved.

In the end I booked with Costa, because the total picture fits. I really like the itinerary that includes Easter Island, Australia, Japan and South Korea. Seven overnights, for the evening in Sydney I have already bought a ticket for the Opera House. The price is good - also for singles. They add 50%, which is compared to others quite little. Here I happily oppose an earlier comment. The single supplement indeed went up on the 2024 world cruise short before it sold out, but it is no general rule, the supplement neither was raised on the 2025 world cruise, nor on other cruises. It is really good news for all solo cruisers. Most additional costs aboard are reasonable, the really overpriced things are not essential to me.

I have often enough made cruises on Costa to know that they offer a product I like. I also sailed on the ship that is used for the world cruise. My longest stay on one of their ships was 34 days - four times longer has a different dimension of course. They have beautiful ships and offer quite a good service. What a lot of people complained about, that the cabin being tidied up only once a day, is today growing more and more to the standard in the industry. Besides, I still can’t imagine that someone makes such a mess that twice a day would be needed. I never had the slightest problem with this practice. I am a fan of traditional style Italian food. Costa offers this, but surprises with destination dishes as well. I like testing new food. Of course I have my preferences and not everything new I try I regard being a great success, but I am well able to understand whether I don’t like the taste one of the ingredients or the cook has no clue what he is doing. In the very end I have returned only in a single case ever a Costa dish, which had been prepared badly. I am very content with the entertainment aboard, Costa has always a good selection of musicians and show acts, from time to time completed with guest artists. Enough variation to please everybody. And if I want a quiet place I can find this as well. As everywhere things can go wrong. But if something was broken or an error occurred they just did everything to fix the problem.

After taking everything into the account, this is an itinerary I want to do, a cruise line I can imagine to travel with such a long time, and the total costs are very reasonable.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

If you read the Costa boards or their ship reviews, you see they are the very bottom line, while MSC (with Yacht Club or Suites) can be a far superior product.  Why waist your money on pure crap: save longer and buy a good trip, when you can afford it.  You could try one of the other British lines, such as P&O, etc.

Laughing out Loud - lol. So to get it straight on MSC you will have to book Yacht Club of Suites to get an acceptable product and not a cabin like AT7Seas had. Or you can save longer and go for example on Viking. I am sorry if I can not agree with you. I have been on a World Cruise 2023 with Costa, had a very comfortable inside cabin, took all the excursions I wanted including 2 overland trips, had good food, my laundry done and ended up spending a total of about $ 40.000 including my airfare. Viking had quoted me about $ 100,000 for one World Cruise single-occupancy.  Sorry but that in my eyes is senseless overspending and not sure for what - where to you justify spending additional $ 60,000???. You go ahead and do whatever you want to do with your money. Also I don't get how P & O comes into the equation. I have been on it and have not seen any difference to my experience with Costa. Don't get me wrong, I don't rule out  Princess or HAL, have been on both of them also. Have just ended up booking Costa for my World Cruises because I liked their itinerary most. Just my cheap 2 cents.

1 minute ago, BVILady said:

Laughing out Loud - lol. So to get it straight on MSC you will have to book Yacht Club of Suites to get an acceptable product and not a cabin like AT7Seas had. Or you can save longer and go for example on Viking. I am sorry if I can not agree with you. I have been on a World Cruise 2023 with Costa, had a very comfortable inside cabin, took all the excursions I wanted including 2 overland trips, had good food, my laundry done and ended up spending a total of about $ 40.000 including my airfare. Viking had quoted me about $ 100,000 for one World Cruise single-occupancy.  Sorry but that in my eyes is senseless overspending and not sure for what - where to you justify spending additional $ 60,000???. You go ahead and do whatever you want to do with your money. Also I don't get how P & O comes into the equation. I have been on it and have not seen any difference to my experience with Costa. Don't get me wrong, I don't rule out  Princess or HAL, have been on both of them also. Have just ended up booking Costa for my World Cruises because I liked their itinerary most. Just my cheap 2 cents.

I was Black card Diamond and have sailed on four ships; Posia, Divina, Aromivilia, & Seaside.  That's right, MSC's attitude is, "your either Yacht Club or your not!"  Suites are cared for, with ships without YC.  The view from Genoa to the ship captains is we don't care about you, unless YC!  How did you survive in inside, at least a basic ocean view, I would need.

Just now, gkbiiii said:

I was Black card Diamond and have sailed on four ships; Posia, Divina, Aromivilia, & Seaside.  That's right, MSC's attitude is, "your either Yacht Club or your not!"  Suites are cared for, with ships without YC.  The view from Genoa to the ship captains is we don't care about you, unless YC!  How did you survive in inside, at least a basic ocean view, I would need.

Also, if you book a World Cruise on MSC, you get Some Drinks and roughly 16 Comped Shore Excursions. 

Just now, gkbiiii said:

Also, if you book a World Cruise on MSC, you get Some Drinks and roughly 16 Comped Shore Excursions. 

For the extra $60,000 you could go on Royal's 9 month World Cruise; which would make you nearly Pinnacle!

4 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

For the extra $60,000 you could go on Royal's 9 month World Cruise; which would make you nearly Pinnacle!

World cruise includes: RT Business Class Air, Premium Transportation Airport/Hotel/Pier, Pre-Hotel Gala, 7 World Wonders Shore Excursions, Deluxe Beverage Package, Gratuities, Laundry, & Wifi.

• Like 1

I do know that there are five star hotels in Venice, but allow me the decision to stay in a four star hotel before and after my cruise. Yes, there is a difference between these categories, but the question is whether I need that difference and I am willing to pay the price. In my case both answers are no. The same is valid about cruise lines. Do I need a bit more space or do I need more staff around me? Not as soon my needs are fulfilled. I need a clean cabin to sleep and to store my luggage in, good food (important), getting my cappuccino without waiting long, bars with some good music and not to forget a well functioning ship with staff that treats me correctly and friendly. And in the end all your suggestions are not comparable to a five star hotel, you suggest taking just another four star cruise line. As the before mentioned hotel before and after my cruise has definitely to be in Venice - although Paris is a great city too - the ship has to sail where I want to go to. I am not going to visiting Africa next winter, I did that last winter.

The Costa boards make Costa crap? Where people complain that they got Italian food? Or that English is not the only language used? Or that they need to pay for bottled water? These complaints are found again and again and they are really ridiculous. Why should I take these reviews seriously? Let’s look at the details of these “complaints”. I love the Mediterranean kitchen. On American and British ships I never have been overly impressed regarding the food. On Costa and one German cruise lines I definitely got food better than on an average cruise line. Of course nowhere the food was really bad - except on MSC, where it was just as terrible as my cabin. Or the languages. I understand English, but it is still just one of the foreign languages I learned and for sure not my best. And the ever popular “no free water” claims. On the world cruise wine and bottled water in the restaurants is included for everybody, the full package allows drinking throughout the ship for 18 € per day - without the limits in numbers some American cruise lines handle - and in the very end the drinks come out of the same bottles. Not to forget that Costa always scores high among those who want a lot of good life music aboard. Already with these few facts I have eliminated most of the bad reviews - and in opposite to you I sailed often enough with Costa to know what to expect. All together Costa is of the same category as P&O, HAL or Princess. All four have are different concept of course, but they all play in the club of mass market lines.

Advising the MSC Yacht Club in combination with world cruises is remarkable. First of all this isn’t for sale. Just as there was no Yacht Club on the ship I was on this year. And it doesn’t take away that MSC has a policy of disregarding guests. Where people work things go wrong. Shouldn’t be as often as on MSC, but even this could be corrected. Just it is a no go to blame a customer for these mistakes. Read my earlier comment and you will be able to learn about the details. You advised a P&O cruise, which has about half the days in port compared to Costa. As I said I don’t want to be rushed around the word, but see the world. The need to take a long haul flight for a cruise that doesn’t offer more than the cruise of a competitor out of the same class makes it already uninteresting. Also economically this doesn’t make sense. Better to travel each year good than overspending once.

I also know that there are people linking their self-esteem to brands that are in their eyes highly valued. It’s their problem if they feel like this, not mine. I had to work in a kitchen and drove taxi when I went to university. Although these days are definitely over I know that earning money can be hard. Perhaps that is why I still today insist on value for money. I decided to retire early and to enjoy my life. This includes travelling a lot. Instead of working every minute and just dreaming about a world cruise on an overpriced line I live my dream - among other things with a world cruise on a decent ship - even if on that ship others feel disturbed by having five official languages used.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

I had 15 shore excursions included in my 2023 cruise and will also have 15 shore excursions included in my 2024 cruise. In 2023 one shore-excursions was to Petra, which is usually pretty high priced. I also had/have on both World Cruises wine, beer and water with all lunches and dinners. I do usually not need much more then that - besides my Cappuccinos, like them better then regular coffee which is included. I do not have a problem with inside cabin, because they are usually more quiet then balcony cabins. I live right on the ocean with a spectacular view to other islands, so do not need regular water views and whenever we enter or depart from a port I can go on deck or I will see it from the Dining room, deck or buffet-restaurant. 

"World cruise includes: RT Business Class Air, Premium Transportation Airport/Hotel/Pier, Pre-Hotel Gala, 7 World Wonders Shore Excursions, Deluxe Beverage Package, Gratuities, Laundry, & Wifi."

My $ 40.000 included all this, besides my air was Premium Economy, it included all my excursions not just 7, it included Wine, Beer and water with lunch and dinner and the regular drink-package, the gratuities, Laundry and Wifi and the insurance. it did not include my transfer to the ship which run me about $ 26.00 or the pre- or after hotel, not sure how much they were but we did stay in Venice after the cruise for 3 nights. In 2024 pre and after hotel run to a total of $ 320.00 - covering 5 nights. 

But again what is right for me might not be right for you. That I do not miss water views is most probably an exception from other people. 

Edited by BVILady
forgot something

4 minutes ago, BVILady said:

I had 15 shore excursions included in my 2023 cruise and will also have 15 shore excursions included in my 2024 cruise. In 2023 one shore-excursions was to Petra, which is usually pretty high priced. I also had/have on both World Cruises wine, beer and water with all lunches and dinners. I do usually not need much more then that - besides my Cappuccinos, like them better then regular coffee which is included. I do not have a problem with inside cabin, because they are usually more quiet then balcony cabins. I live right on the ocean with a spectacular view to other islands, so do not need regular water views and whenever we enter or depart from a port I can go on deck or I will see it from the Dining room, deck or buffet-restaurant. 

"World cruise includes: RT Business Class Air, Premium Transportation Airport/Hotel/Pier, Pre-Hotel Gala, 7 World Wonders Shore Excursions, Deluxe Beverage Package, Gratuities, Laundry, & Wifi."

My $ 40.000 included all this, besides my air was Premium Economy, it included all my excursions not just 7, it included Wine, Beer and water with lunch and dinner and the regular drink-package, the gratuities, Laundry and Wifi, it did not include my transfer to the ship which run me about $ 26.00 or the pre- or after hotel, not sure how much they were but we did stay in Venice after the cruise for 3 nights. In 2024 pre and after hotel run to a total of $ 320.00 - covering 5 nights. 

But again what is right for me might not be right for you. That I do not miss water views is most probably an exception from other people. 

But you wanted a LONG Cruise, Royal's is 274 days!

2 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

But you wanted a LONG Cruise, Royal's is 274 days!

I don't really want a 274 days cruise. I did miss my Adult Children, our dog and my friends, so I think the regular 4 month cruises will be enough for me right now. Again, if I would not be so close to my Children (we live in the same complex) I might like the 274 days cruise. 

For my 2024 world cruise I am right now at 29,828.77 €. Included up to now cruise, full drink package, laundry, excursions in all ports, whereof a selection of the included excursions Costa offers - and I like. Included in this amount are 1st class train tickets with business seat, luggage transfer from home and back (2 bags, max. 32 kg each), eight nights in a hotel in Venice, watertaxi, Costa transfer, all transport on destination where applicable, insurance, water packages for taking bottles ashore, special dining and so on. Not included yet are dinner in Venice, some snacks and drinks during excursions and wifi. Why should I pay 91,000 € for Royal Caribbean for less than twice the time? For pineapple status?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BVILady said:

So to get it straight on MSC you will have to book Yacht Club of Suites to get an acceptable product

Obviously MSC thinks so. Just who would try a Yacht Club after such an experience?

The “book a Yacht Club” argument is missing logic in another point as well: it wasn’t my cabin only, but the entire ship was run down like this. And also a Yacht Club resident enters general public areas - at least on the ships with a Yacht Club. And this is just a symptom of a terribly bad managed company: food, service, entertainment, literally everything was neglected the same way. That it is not just this one ship you can see in the reaction MSC sent regarding my complaints. I quote here in full: “”

I think the moral of this story is that everyone has things which are important to them. Some go for itinerary. Some for the shipboard experience. Some have to weigh the costs carefully (which we always try to do). Some don't need to concern themselves with that.

We have been blessed to sail on the Pacific Princess WC in 2018 and the Viking Star in 2022 through the Omicron outbreak. The experiences were different, but both completely magical. Our next WC is a circumnavigation on Cunard in 2025. It'll be something entirely different as well. I think the trick is to surrender your expectations at the pier. The trip will be surprising in both good and bad ways. That's why they say travel is broadening. (Or maybe it's just the food...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

everyone has things which are important to them

I couldn’t agree more. Cruise lines are different and this is a good thing. That every line sets different priorities is normal. Of course the informed passengers may choose according to these priorities as well. To inform oneself by reading reviews might be one option. The central problem with reviews is how were they written. Perhaps through bad preparation - some little things came as a surprise and resulted in a bad review. For example that English is on Costa just one language among mostly five. Yes, one could mention it, but did this really spoil the holiday? Is listening to foreign languages really worse than cruising on a completely rundown ship? I for my part try to understand why someone had a bad time. How essential was the problem that led to a negative valuation? Do I regard this as a problem at all? Obviously people take the effort without ever having been on a cruise line to crack down exactly this line based on not very useful comments. And select offers competitors have for me although these don’t fit at all into the points I named before as being essential for my choice, just to convince me not to sail exactly with the company I selected. I also agree with BVILady that I wouldn’t exclude lines with a comparable quality level. What I wouldn’t do, however, is going on a world cruise without having sailed with that line before. The overall experience must be positive, not only how were ship, food, staff, entertainment, but also how did I feel aboard. Especially the latter is no measure for others, but it is important to me. Leaving expectations on the pier is nicely said, but the concept and I should match. There remains enough to learn by travelling the world without bad surprises that could have been known.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm afraid we're guilty of doing a world cruise on a line we'd never sailed with in 2022 when we boarded the Viking Star. But I'd read enough good reviews and appreciate the way the line supports Masterpiece, so I thought it would be a good fit. I can't say we chose it for the itinerary because the day before we boarded the entire plan was gutted due to shut-downs related to Covid. But Viking put together a plan and we were bound for ports we'd never considered. It was a surprise and delight at every turn! 

Life is filled with a mix of good and bad. World cruises are no different. And we can't always see which is coming our way, but I try to hope for the good. When I embark on a world cruise, I recite this quote from Emily Dickenson: 

The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I did the Oceania world cruise (161 days), then stayed on the ship for the next 3 cruises (another 31 days); total of 192 continuous days. It was amazing, especially being on a smallish ship. Highly recommend Oceania!

I had a quote for Oceania when planning my own world cruise and it was four times more expensive than the world cruise I actually booked. Are 18 days more (in 2024) and having a few more add-ons really worth this difference? Not for me. For me this is not a once in a lifetime experience. As long as I am fit enough I want to do comparable intense journeys every year, be it as world cruise or otherwise.

8 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I did the Oceania world cruise (161 days), then stayed on the ship for the next 3 cruises (another 31 days); total of 192 continuous days. It was amazing, especially being on a smallish ship. Highly recommend Oceania!

It all depends on your financial situation and attitude towards Spending. Even I do have no problem spending my children's inheritance (just joking would never touch my real-estate), I just don't see any reason to spend 3 or 4 times as much on a cruise then is available to me with another line. Considering 190 days that will be also to long for me, need to see my Adult Children and my dog in between. I am not loyal to any cruise-line. I have no problem spending extra on excursions or whatever else I like, but I do that at home too. Having been on Costa 2023 World Cruise, it did offer me everything I could have asked for. Now I am booked on Costa, Cunard and Holland-America for my next 3 cruises, one of them being Costa World Cruise. The fourth cruise I am considering is another Costa but will wait for when I get onboard to get my discount. Like At7Seas I want to travel and see as much of the world as possible for as long as I will be able to, but not waste my hard-earned money. So besides cruising I do quite a lot of land-vacations. 2025 will be a mixture of 4 cruises and 6  or 7 land-stays, split into 2 long distance flights, one East and one West. I am 74 now, holding my fingers crossed that I will manage to do so a few more years.

Edited by BVILady
forgot something
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BVILady said:

I am 74 now, holding my fingers crossed that I will manage to do so a few more years.

I’ve a bit to go until being 74 and I hope that I’ll be fit enough travelling extensively when reaching that age as well. Since I surprisingly can’t spend a single Euro twice I pay for my world cruise out of my income, not out of my savings. Otherwise the savings will be gone some day and don’t produce income any more - and I can’t do another world cruise when I’ll be 74…

• Like 2

20 hours ago, At7Seas said:

For me this is not a once in a lifetime experience. 

Everyone's different; Oceania met all my criteria and was an experience I'll never forget. And that was important to me because I am just a middle income single person who saved for 30 yrs to take that journey and I'll never be able to afford it again. But my pictures and memories are precious since this was a once in a lifetime experience for me. 

• Like 3