what to wear-Vison of the Seas March 5

another question- how do I know what is appropriate to wear to dinners. I am 48 yrs old and have never cruised. We plan on eating in the dining room most evenings (late sitting). I have a black cocktail dress, plazzo pants, another nice dress, but none of them are long or sequin types. Are any of these appropriate for the formal nights? How about the other nights. What do people wear?

Also, is there dancing every night on the Vison? Do you have to be dressed to the nine's for that also, or do people change into jeans or something else afterward. I just don't have any idea?

Your ourfits will be perfect. On the other nights people usually wear something comfortable (not shorts nor jeans). I have some outfits with capris, and I have a sundress that I also wear. You will see quite a variety for all nights.

I don't know about the dancing.

Sometimes people keep on their formal outfits all evening, and sometimes not. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Have a great cruise!

Have fun on your cruise!! We will be sailing one week after you, on March 12. I can't wait!

The clothes you are bringing sound very nice. You should be just fine. Maybe someone who has actually been on this ship can answer this, but when I was on a Celebrity cruise last summer, they had a shop that had beautiful evening wear at very low prices (Celebrity is owned by Royal Caribbean, so I am wondering if you can expect the same thing on a RC ship?). I had plenty of dressy clothes with me, but it was nice that women were given the option of buying an extra outfit or two onboard at a significantly reduced cost from what it would cost in a department store.

Also, my mother was just on a Holland America cruise in Mexico last week, and she said she was pleasantly surprised by the clothes in port -- pretty, colorful dresses. When I was in Juneau last year, I found the best designer jeans I've ever owned -- I wasn't expecting that!

So I suppose this is my long-winded way of saying that it doesn't hurt to look during the week for a pretty blouse, outfit, or dress -- you might be surprised by what you find! And from what it sounds like, you're already bringing along some nice things.

Have a WONDERFUL time!!

FYI! I just got off the Vision last week. Make sure that you also bring some warm clothes to wear on seadays. People nearly froze to death. It was foggy and cold on the way down and sunny and cold on the way back.

Carrie:D

FYI! I just got off the Vision last week. Make sure that you also bring some warm clothes to wear on seadays. People nearly froze to death. It was foggy and cold on the way down and sunny and cold on the way back.

Carrie:D

It is winter time, what were people expecting?

What are the dress codes onboard?

Just click the link…..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=00003r7uyfPObwi9-KWfJ3UFI4U:v2mocc7o#8

And you’ll find…..

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and the remainder are casual nights.

5 – night cruises include one formal and the remainder casual nights.

6 – night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder are casual nights .

7 to 9-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights are casual nights.

10 to13-night cruises include two formal nights and two smart casual nights, and the remainder are casual nights.

14+ -night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights and the remainder are casual nights.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

Oh, look who is back.

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women - jeans are acceptable

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women - only classy jeans are acceptable

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women - no jeans

Archived