Pearl Garden Villa recap

3 hours ago, Artcricket said:

I think we will ask for coffee early in the morning - before we go to breakfast. I’m just not sure if I should just tell the butler to just bring it in at around 7 am and leave it on the bar area. I am also a decaf coffee drinker later after dinner and guess that could be another ask. My daughter and I smoke and I read that’s allowed in the GV. 

We had a group of 4 and they did the french press put saved it into a carafe to keep it hot for us.

Ask for a blender too... I used our leftover fruit to make frozen slushy rum drinks with the carafe of cranberry juice too.

• Like 2

What a Wonderful post ! we are on her sister ship the Jewel next February with our 2 oldest Grandchildren ( 17 , 18 ) are in the 2 bedroom Haven ( whitch puts someone on the couch 😞and the garden villa is always one of the few Upgrades offered , Thanks to your amazingly detailed description of cabin / perks and decks , I will defiantly put in an offer this time ! Thank you 

• Like 1

Thanks for the review, enjoyed the read.

We did the early coffee/Danish handy if you are first up

On the facial when doing behind the scenes tours(remember them?) you sometimes see a VIP mugs gallery in strategic locations usually any Ambassadors along with the top suite guests.

Once I got accosted(by name) by the group coordinator not long after boarding.

I had done the Meet and greet, think she got notified I had boarded and I am an easy spot from my picture. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

I am an easy spot from my picture. 

Haha , my Husband Is Santa Clause in a hawiian shirt and Panama straw hat , the whole ship calls him " Mr Lee " 5 minutes after we board 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Artcricket said:

It’s great to read reviews from people that have realistic expectations and can note minor things that don’t affect their overall cruise. I was just joking to my son that I’d love to read the review from the “Buffett” lady.  

Thank you - I think we ALL know a buffet lady. It's a sad way to go through life.  

Maybe I should check the NCL/TripAdvisor ship reviews because she probably wrote one!

8 hours ago, insidecabin said:

On the facial when doing behind the scenes tours(remember them?) you sometimes see a VIP mugs gallery in strategic locations usually any Ambassadors along with the top suite guests.

That could be it!  I wasn't surprised at being recognized after a few days in places we'd been (my mom has striking white hair and the wheelchair, of course), but that one really threw me. As a higher manager she probably had her own set of mug shots and maybe by glancing at ours she knew we were likely to dine outside the Haven!

My sister will die - she didn't care about her photo because who was going to see it - one guy for one second letting you board or get off the ship?  Heh heh heh.

Edited by DaisyGoldberg

49 minutes ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

That could be it!  I wasn't surprised at being recognized after a few days in places we'd been (my mom has striking white hair and the wheelchair, of course), but that one really threw me. As a higher manager she probably had her own set of mug shots and maybe by glancing at ours she knew we were likely to dine outside the Haven!

My sister will die - she didn't care about her photo because who was going to see it - one guy for one second letting you board or get off the ship?  Heh heh heh.

Then every time you buy a drink it pops up on the screen(stop people sharing packages)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 6:31 PM, DaisyGoldberg said:

No, we had Budhi - he was great. I hope I don't come off as complaining. We loved it. The hot tub was always piping hot. I think the chill of Maine (it was 5 degrees that night) really soaked through the windows. 

I guess the ability to edit is time limited - I made a mistake - Budhi was our steward - Lazaro was our butler!