Passenger Capacity

Nancyewhite01

As far as we know, there are no longer any restrictions on passenger capacity for any cruise line sailing out of the US. We had between 5500-5900 on the Carnival Mardi Gras last month. 

I was just going to post a similar question, but wondering just how many people have been onboard the recent sailings. I was just looking at our July sailing on Scarlet Lady and there are over 250 balconies and almost 100 Seaview cabins still available. That's almost 700 people right there not booked on a cruise that sails in 8 weeks. Not unusual on the mega ships like Mardi Gras or Wonder OTS, but on the more standard sized ships, you usually see those balconies really dwindle down by four months out. We are in a Cheeky Corner Suite, and the entire aft is sold out, but a LOT of cabins still available. 

So my question, to tag team with yours, is for those who are sailing Scarlet Lady, what has been the passenger capacity of late? 

Edited by creativegenius

20 hours ago, creativegenius said:

As far as we know, there are no longer any restrictions on passenger capacity for any cruise line sailing out of the US. We had between 5500-5900 on the Carnival Mardi Gras last month. 

I was just going to post a similar question, but wondering just how many people have been onboard the recent sailings. I was just looking at our July sailing on Scarlet Lady and there are over 250 balconies and almost 100 Seaview cabins still available. That's almost 700 people right there not booked on a cruise that sails in 8 weeks. Not unusual on the mega ships like Mardi Gras or Wonder OTS, but on the more standard sized ships, you usually see those balconies really dwindle down by four months out. We are in a Cheeky Corner Suite, and the entire aft is sold out, but a LOT of cabins still available. 

So my question, to tag team with yours, is for those who are sailing Scarlet Lady, what has been the passenger capacity of late? 

In one of the FB groups I'm in, it seems like they've generally been between 600-800 people.  I was on in December and it was about 1,700 and didn't feel too crowded.  I think as you get near summer holiday weekend (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day), occupancy will spike a bit.

• Like 1

I've been wondering about this as well.  Recent reviews here and on YouTube are mostly great but all are on sailings with reduced capacity, 700 - 800 sailors.  Just wondering if service and the experience will be the same in late August when I'm sailing when capacity may be significantly higher.

15 minutes ago, HazyDavy said:

I've been wondering about this as well.  Recent reviews here and on YouTube are mostly great but all are on sailings with reduced capacity, 700 - 800 sailors.  Just wondering if service and the experience will be the same in late August when I'm sailing when capacity may be significantly higher.

There was a uk sailing on the recent weekend my friends were on, just under 2k, it was busy but sounded like it went smoothly enough

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sixcruiser said:

On scarlet lady right now and it's around 700 passengers. 

Wow, that must be heaven, 2000 less than full capacity. 🙂 Like when we sailed the NCL Escape back in November and it was only 1800 on a ship that holds 4200. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, creativegenius said:

Wow, that must be heaven, 2000 less than full capacity. 🙂 Like when we sailed the NCL Escape back in November and it was only 1800 on a ship that holds 4200. 

We had 500 on our 5 night europe. was nice if  a little quiet

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

We had 500 on our 5 night europe. was nice if  a little quiet

I'm wondering if those shortened cruises are having an impact on sales vs. a full 7 night sailing. Here in the states we can only get 4 and 5 night cruises, no 7 nights except special sailings around the holidays. Especially when they are competing in the Caribbean market where there are literally dozens of other options to sail for far less money, or pay the same money and take 10-14 day cruises instead. It'll be interesting to see how our July sailing sells and see how crowded, or light, the ship is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, creativegenius said:

I'm wondering if those shortened cruises are having an impact on sales vs. a full 7 night sailing. Here in the states we can only get 4 and 5 night cruises, no 7 nights except special sailings around the holidays. Especially when they are competing in the Caribbean market where there are literally dozens of other options to sail for far less money, or pay the same money and take 10-14 day cruises instead. It'll be interesting to see how our July sailing sells and see how crowded, or light, the ship is. 

The one I was on was a scrambled last minute one because of the cancellations they did for the charter they got... 

On 5/4/2022 at 1:17 PM, WheresWalter said:

I was just looking at our July sailing on Scarlet Lady and there are over 250 balconies and almost 100 Seaview cabins still available.

Which July sailing are you on, Walter?

47 minutes ago, dukefan94 said:

Currently on Scarlet Lady and have been told occupancy is 500. Next cruise is slated to be 800.

Nice - we are sailing next week and look forward to a relaxing cruise. 

We sailed on Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas in February and it was less than 1/2 full. Enjoy these while they last. 

10 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

Nice - we are sailing next week and look forward to a relaxing cruise. 

We sailed on Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas in February and it was less than 1/2 full. Enjoy these while they last. 

Those days are pretty much gone on all the other cruise lines. We were full on Carnival Mardi Gras last month and I understand capacity limits have been gone from all cruise lines as of the moment. Unless those predictions come true for the fall and winter, those days of under capacity ships are gone. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 1:17 PM, WheresWalter said:

Can you check the date of July 22 for estimated occupancy? Please.