Alaska Cruise Tours

princegeorge

Has anyone bought the land meal package from Princess Alaska Cruise/Tours? Did you find it to be a good deal or did you do your meals on your own? First time doing a Cruise/Tour.

Thanks in Advance for any of your travel tips,

Leslie

I suggest that you look up the names of the resorts and then the names of the restaurants there.  Go online and find their menu.  You can compare what you would like to order with the price of the prepaid package.

(I went about 6 years ago, maybe 7, and they didnt offer the prepaid meals).

We went on the Princess connoisseur (i think it was called) land and sea tour in 2019. Food is more expensive in Alaska so we didn't consider any other option than the meal plan that was included. I think it was breakfast and dinner. We had a voucher for each meal and could order anything on the menu. The restaurant food was excellent and I think I chose crab almost every time I could! I think that for us, there were a couple of mornings that our bus was leaving earlier than the restaurants were serving but we were able to use the vouchers for the coffee stand where there was fruit,yogurt,muffins,cold cereal and milk,juice. Our guide on the bus came around and asked what time we would like our dinner reservation and called it in for us.

We did a cruisetour 11 years ago and doing the same tour (in reverse) this year.  We did not buy the meal plan.  We never found that we were lacking in food choices.  We like to make our on decisions.  Sometimes we ate in the Princess restaurants and other times with local restaurants.  Be prepared for very high prices (it is Alaska, everything is high).  But it was a good decision for us.