Pre cruise AFT test

Hi has anybody experienced  problems booking the above test  with chronomics we go in 3 weeks  on explorer 2 still saying booking not found any help would be appreciated   thanks

I had same message when trying to order, called TUI and was told couldn't order until between 7 and 14 days before departure date. 14 days before I ordered and no message about 'booking not found' appeared anymore.

Would have been clearer to have website include the 7 to 14 day advice!!

We go on the 27th this month and have ordered mine 2 weeks back.  Are you copying and pasting the number, or are you typing the number in Individually?  I read that if copying the number and pasting it actually puts a full stop in and then that why it doesn't find your Number. Another reason could be you're not in the right area.

4 hours ago, billmun said:

Hi has anybody experienced  problems booking the above test  with chronomics we go in 3 weeks  on explorer 2 still saying booking not found any help would be appreciated   thanks

Experienced  the same problem when I tried a dummy booking

Chronomics advice if you are getting “booking not found” is to call TUI 

I,m not overly concerned yet as our cruise is 8 or so weeks away

Edited by Jim The Scot

I tried to order from Chronomics several times last week, no joy, wouldn't even let me select Spain Balearics! Got from Randox instead. Ordered online, collected from local store the day after.

Hi pujro

Did you contact TUI about being unable to order your test kit through chronomics or did you say sod it i,ll order them myself?

If nearer the time I,m still having the same issue I,ll not have scooby where to order ours

Hi Jim, I didn't contact TUI as I'd been on livechat for an hour most days in the past last week! Totally fed up with it, pretty much every email they send out contradicts something or other.

I tried Chronomics site a few times, never got past the destination bit, but had already noticed on some of the TUI stuff that you can use Randox instead, so did so without any issues.

As a general comment, TUI website has got to be one of the poorest out there, every time I go on I get errors, or spot a mistake. Today I noticed that the Covid info link within my cruise booking takes you to a general Covid page not the cruise specific page! No wonder everyone is confused as hell.

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between these AFT tests and the LFT tests that we used to be able to do free of charge? I still have a supply of these but I'm guessing they can't be used. I'm thinking about booking a cruise for the first time since 2019 but not sure if I can bothered with the faff and uncertainty just yet!

6 hours ago, vwgolf said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between these AFT tests and the LFT tests that we used to be able to do free of charge? I still have a supply of these but I'm guessing they can't be used. I'm thinking about booking a cruise for the first time since 2019 but not sure if I can bothered with the faff and uncertainty just yet!

Hi vwgolf,

The uncertain is becoming more certain almost weekly for travelling so fingers crossed you feel able to travel relatively trouble free very soon. The `faff` around the LFT is actually very straightforward. If you have a mobile phone you will manage fine. Simply buy through the TUI website from whatever supplier you decide. It was my last hurdle before boarding tomorrow at Dubrovnik and I can`t lie ....I`m releived it`s all done now. It took around half an hour tonight to do the 2 tests and upload them to Chronomics. Their instructions were very clear and easy to follow. Our results came back within a minute. Do not be put off cruising for fear of the test as it really is very easy. We`re due to cruise again in October and I hope the test requirement is gone by then. You can view a Chronomics tutorial on YouTube as well if that might help.

8 hours ago, pujro said:

Hi Jim, I didn't contact TUI as I'd been on livechat for an hour most days in the past last week! Totally fed up with it, pretty much every email they send out contradicts something or other.

I tried Chronomics site a few times, never got past the destination bit, but had already noticed on some of the TUI stuff that you can use Randox instead, so did so without any issues.

As a general comment, TUI website has got to be one of the poorest out there, every time I go on I get errors, or spot a mistake. Today I noticed that the Covid info link within my cruise booking takes you to a general Covid page not the cruise specific page! No wonder everyone is confused as hell.

Thanks P

I,ll give it till the end of month and if the chronomics link/website is still saying “cant find booking ref number” I,ll hound TUI

I tried the Randox link on TUI website and keep getting “page not found” 🤔

Totally agree on your general comment about TUI website but,its not just poor,its pretty awful and possibly one of the worst websites of any travel company I,ve used

Edited by Jim The Scot

41 minutes ago, oscarshep said:

Hi vwgolf,

The uncertain is becoming more certain almost weekly for travelling so fingers crossed you feel able to travel relatively trouble free very soon. The `faff` around the LFT is actually very straightforward. If you have a mobile phone you will manage fine. Simply buy through the TUI website from whatever supplier you decide. It was my last hurdle before boarding tomorrow at Dubrovnik and I can`t lie ....I`m releived it`s all done now. It took around half an hour tonight to do the 2 tests and upload them to Chronomics. Their instructions were very clear and easy to follow. Our results came back within a minute. Do not be put off cruising for fear of the test as it really is very easy. We`re due to cruise again in October and I hope the test requirement is gone by then. You can view a Chronomics tutorial on YouTube as well if that might help.

Have a great cruise oscarshep

22 hours ago, oscarshep said:

Hi vwgolf,

Many thanks for you reply. We're looking at the Cosmopolitan Classics cruise sailing on 6th August which visits French, Spain and Italian territories. Hopefully the entry requirements will all be pretty much the same by August!

• 2 weeks later...

Im due to fly 21st June,  the Chronomics website is now accepting my booking reference.  So I can can  now purchase the pre-flight LFTs.  Just thought I'd mention this as it seemed to be brought up a lot and with Marella said it would be 14 days before departure before you could buy the kits.

2 hours ago, jack10952 said:

Im due to fly 21st June,  the Chronomics website is now accepting my booking reference.  So I can can  now purchase the pre-flight LFTs.  Just thought I'd mention this as it seemed to be brought up a lot and with Marella said it would be 14 days before departure before you could buy the kits.

Checked the link yesterday and it is now accepting our booking reference as well

Oh,and we dont cruise till July

2 hours ago, pennib said:

Obviously, Jim, you haven’t had the “pleasure “ of dealing with P&O ‘s website………..!

No I haven,t pennib but if its worse than TUI its going some

Dont find  TUI website user friendly,its all over the place,a lot of misinformation and several links that serve the same purpose

1 hour ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Hi Jim, mine is in transit ready for Thursday 😇

Screenshot 2022-05-23 095917.jpg

Hi RR,

Nice one ,have a belter of a time and let us know how you get on

Ps

Thought you ordered your testing kits a while ago?

Edited by Jim The Scot

26 minutes ago, Chickenbalti said:

As mentioned previously , you can only book your Chronomics LTF test two weeks before your departure. Didn’t have any problems with them.

Now about to do ours 😄 Hopefully all Negative for the day before my Flight tomorrow 😛