Carnival gets serious about ArriveCan in Seattle

On 5/11/2022 at 1:48 PM, jsglow said:

Dumb question for all you who have already done it.  I ASSUME one can download and partially complete ArriveCAN long before the 72 hour window (name, Vax dates, who knows what else) and that the 72 hour window is for a last check health assessment thus then obtaining a QR code for entry.  Please confirm or straighten out any of my misunderstanding.  TY.

Yes.  I have the app on my phone and first used it back in March.  I used it again this weekend for a short trip across the border and back.  All the relevant info is still there, just had to add the new dates.

The app is easier now that you don't need a quarantine plan. I was in Victoria on a HAL coastal on Saturday, and the Canadians don't actually check the app or customs forms for each passenger, which would be a logistical nightmare, but we did have to fill out an ArriveCan form listening our confirmation code. Just be happy that Canada changed their 1-day requirement for an antigen test before embarkation, or their original plan that every passenger had to be tested a day before arrival in Victoria, which would have been a nightmare. Before blaming Canada, realize that the bigger hassle now is actually cruisers going out of Vancouver having to test before flying back to the US, and some of the lines refusing to test everyone for free.