Does Carnival's HUB app have a way to message other family members?

oyme

Next question, on HUB app if I have multiple family members connected can I send private messages to 1 person in my party or does my entire party see all my messages? Not a huge deal either way but they may get tired of seeing ones meant just for my son/husband and not for everyone.

1 hour ago, oyme said:

Next question, on HUB app if I have multiple family members connected can I send private messages to 1 person in my party or does my entire party see all my messages? Not a huge deal either way but they may get tired of seeing ones meant just for my son/husband and not for everyone.

when you send a message, you choose which of your connected persons to send the chat message to. It works generally the same as all the other chat apps (iMessage, ect.) You can have 1:1 chats, or group chats, etc. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 12:50 PM, Wanna_Cruize said:

I cruised with a large family group, and we spent some time on the Lido the first afternoon getting everyone logged in and connected. Here are my hints to make this process go smoother:

1. Make sure everyone downloads the Hub app BEFORE the trip.

2. After it is downloaded, they can go in and enter their booking number and last name to activate it. If you do this step beforehand, it functions as a countdown, lets you check-in from the app, and also just have to click that you're onboard as soon as you connect to Carnival WiFi. You don't need to know your folio number if you do it this way.

3. Once onboard you have to connect with each family member individually. That's to ensure privacy, that you don't connect to strangers. Each person has to accept the invitation from each member. That's why it's easier to do as you're sitting somewhere, in the lido, having a Fun Ship, while you're waiting for the cabins to be ready. 

4. If you're already connected your reservations in Carnival's system, the above step is a little easier, as they are already listed, and you don't have to search for them. 

5. Every once in a while, it doesn't hurt to exit the Hub app completely and restart it. You'll get a message that you wont' get messages while you're logged out. That is true. But once you log back in, any messages that hadn't been delivered will come right away. If the app seems to be wonky, reset it.

6. One great thing about the app when you're connected, you can go through the activities planned for each day, and mark the ones you are interested in as favorites. You can see who else is interested in the activity. So, if you are looking for where someone might be, that can help. 

7. One flaw in the app is that you can't put in your own activities (spa appts, shore excursions, etc.) 

These notes are completely from my recollection, and may be slightly off. I'm going onboard again in 27 days, 2 hours and 10 minutes (just glanced at my Hub app) so I'll try and verify these instructions and add any more that might be helpful. 

Thank you Wanna Cruize for the instructions.  I will be looking for your verification on them. Happy Sails.