Cancel due to positive test - FCC question

On 5/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

This is why pre-cruise testing should end IMO. Scan old test, change dates, reprint = negative covid test. I'm sure there is lots of this going on, especially since testing can be expensive but would probably still happen even if it were free because folks want to sail and may be asymptomatic or have very minor symptoms. It's theater at this point.  

I made a similar comment a few weeks ago and got deleted.  There must be a million testing centers and some willing to provide documentation for a fee.  When "medical" marijuana here required a card to purchase/possess, numerous advertisements were posted , "$35 Medical Marijuana Card Here", no appointment needed.  Same with vax cards.  Terminal personnel can only check to be sure names/DOB match and Negative for tests, and proper date spacing for vax cards.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisinRach said:

We tested positive 4/29 for a 5/1 cruise, we sent the email requesting fcc along with the positive results on 4/29. We received the automated response the same day. In the meantime I put a deposit on an August cruise. I called 5/19 to follow up since final payment on the new sailing was due 5/22. The customer rep was able to see it available then, but I didn’t receive the official email about it until 5/20. She did fill out the form to have it applied for me. Also, she moved the final payment out a week since she said it could take up to 5 business days for it to be applied. As of today, it still hasn’t been applied but I’m sure it will be shortly.

Maybe double check the email address you sent it to, since you didn’t get an automated response. We were told to send it to reviews@carnival.com

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for sharing. The agent that I started the cancellation process with had me use gconcerns@carnival.com; I guess I might forward it to the other just for good measure.